Paul Bach

Default JOHN NUTTMAN 1744-1801 MALDEN,SURREY

Can anybody in anyway as I keep on this one and cannot go any further until solved.

John Nuttman was born 1744 and married in St.Johns Church, Malden, Surrey to Rebecca Rose on the 16th February 1772.

A search of the West Surrey FHS Surrey Marriage Index found the marriage and it states that both parties came from the parish of Malden. A search of the indexed baptism transcripts for Malden found no entries for anybody called John Nuttman.

I have traced Rebecca's Rose family but can find no trace of John Nuttman's or even of John living in Malden prior to their wedding.

Suggestions if you can please

Diane R

Default John Nuttman 1744-1801 Malden, Surrey

I have looked on IGI but nothing around that date. Sadly you cannot assume John was baptised in Malden. The only thing it tells you is that at the time of the marriage he was living there. This early there will be no more help with the marriage record and the only help I can give is that there were Nuttmans in Wimbledon and Nutmans in Cheam, both are near Malden
    GOOD RESEARCHING
    Diane

Paul Bach

Thank you Diane,

Would I be right in assuming that my next move would be to try and locate the exsistence of the marriage bann for that date, church and those named?

All the other Nuttman's in Wimbledon and Cheam, I have traced back to being the descendents of John and his wife Rebecca Rose Nuttman through two of their children, Richard Rose Nuttman and Rebecca Rose Nuttman.

I found another who I believe to be there first child, also John born 1772c living in Hampton, Surrey in 1801 and like the other John and Richard Nuttman worked as a Blacksmith and Farrier, this John died and was buried in Thames Ditton, Surrey in 1827.

Once again thank you as all help is welcomed.

Paul