Michel Houde

Default Major Richard Pattinson - hello

Hello,

I have been researching Major Richard Pattinson for two years. He is someone that history seems to have forgotten. He was born in Upper Canada [1809], educated in Scotland, joined the 16th Lancers, was in the Indian Sutlej Wars [1843-46], was in the Turkish Contingent in the Crimea [1855-56] and Governor of Heligoland [1857-1863] and died in France [1875]. These facts have been found with much effort. Thank goodness for Google Books and the Internet. I have found much information about his son because he moved to Canada and next to nothing about his wife [Jessie Murray McQueen] and daughter [Eleanor Rose Pattinson]. Trying to find where to contact for related information that is hidden in Scotland, England, France and Germany has been most frustrating. I hope that members will be able to help me fill in the missing details such that by mid-2009, I will be able to publish his biography.

Cheers,

Michel
    Last edited by Michel Houde; 08-09-2008 at 9:22 PM. Reason: Forgot to add a proper ending.

Jan1954

Hello Michel and welcome to Brit-Gen

Have a good look round the forum and post your questions on the appropriate boards. Hopefully, the members here will be able to help you towards your goal.

Good luck with your research!

Barnzzz

Hello Michel, I must say that Major Pattinson sounds absolutely fascinating !

Sue