Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: free bmd's

MarkJ

As Sue mentioned, if you obtain a copy of the marriage certificate, it will help you to discover a little more about him and his birth. Marriage certificates can also throw up useful things from such entries as the witnesses to the wedding.

Mark

looking4clues

Quote Originally Posted by cirstybewick View Post
    does anyone know if there is free bmd of ireland, trying to trace a robert alexander morrison belive he was born 1860, i don't know where in ireland???
    cheers
    I also am wanting to search Irish birth records from 1915 onwards - is there a free site where I can search records?

thanks

Mutley

You can search indexes free at the website of the:

Irish Family History Foundation

but I think most records are earlier than your date.

I do not know of any free search as late as this, wish I did

Hall/Swan

Quote Originally Posted by looking4clues View Post
    I also am wanting to search Irish birth records from 1915 onwards - is there a free site where I can search records?

thanks
    No!

I have the dates that my g/father, g/mother died, the date they married and was looking for their dates of birth.

I went to the Records Office in Dublin 70 mile away to get their death certs and copy of marriage licence, in order to find out their date of birth but was told I "couldn't look up their records unless I had their date of birth"!!

I told the "lady" that if I had the dates of birth I wouldn't be there!! Made no difference!!

Loves to help with queries

Quote Originally Posted by Hall/Swan View Post
    No!

I went to the Records Office in Dublin 70 mile away to get their death certs and copy of marriage licence, in order to find out their date of birth but was told I "couldn't look up their records unless I had their date of birth"!!

I told the "lady" that if I had the dates of birth I wouldn't be there!! Made no difference
    On a recent visit to Ireland I went to the Cork Records office with my grandmothers name and date of birth plus locality. She was born in a village just outside Cork City and asked for her birth cert. But I was told I needed to provide her mother's maiden name to get it. I explained that that was the reason for needing her birth cert. but no joy!!
    It seems that although they have all the data computerised they do not have a very flexible search engines and certainly in the Cork office there is a very long waiting list to go in and search the records ourselves. Oh well back to more tedious routes to get information!

Jill

lynnelay

Thanks for guiding me to that site. I am looking for the death of Alexander Fletcher b c 1832 (Glasgow) and who i believe is buried in St Munchins Church Limerick.. i used the site Jeanette Marie suggested but he is not mentioned. Nor the birth of his son William Aitken Fletcher born c 1861 in Limerick HELP please
    Lynne

Default Morrison Alexander

hi

I have found one Alexander Morrison

Church Baptism Morrison Alexander 1860 Co. Sligo sometimes you have to look at the church records

This site is very good
    ifhf.brsgenealogy.com/index.php

but alas when you find a member of the family you have to pay to see the record but this is quick and cheeper than the a birth certificate and gives you the same information

Peanut
    Last edited by Jan1954; 10-01-2009 at 5:46 PM. Reason: Link to pay per view site removed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12