For anyone interested in the surname ORIEL, I have for over 35 years now researched this surname.
Back in 1975B.C. (before computors) I indexed Civil Registration 1837 - 1975, and Wills 1858 - 1975 for the Oriel surname, from which it was clear that the surname is in 3 areas London, Wiltshire, and Pembrokeshire(this includes Glamorgan), I set out on the simple project to connect all 3 areas to a common ancestor, 35 years later I' still trying.

In the intervening period I have built large databases on all 3 areas and can show their overseas connections from USA to Canada to India and Australia. I have a large photographic archive, mainly on the Pembs Oriels along with documents and 19th century private letters.

I have just completed my 3rd update of my Pembs Oriel story booklet now some 32 pages with 12 pages of family trees.

The surname also welsh for Gallery or window has become a fixtation with years of work to do.

After 35 years plus researching, to all those who say to me at exhibitions, "I'm going to do my F.H. when I retire" I reply "don't bother its too late".

Gd hunting
ORIELbenfro