Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Keith Houghton

Martin
    re the Putcheon Inn. I imagine that we cannot scan items onto this website, but if you let me have your email address offline I will email my copy of the map to you. (I only have the map, not the entire book!)
    Keith

annonehouse

Message for SCRITTI,
    I realise you may not read this but a member called Scritti said that he/she was researching the Troths and Davenports from Sidemoor in Bromsgrove. It was quite some time ago im afraid. If however, you are still out there I would love to talk to you more as I'm researching both the Davenports and Troths - Nailers (grandparents) and would love some help.
    If anyone else has any info on the Troths of Sidemoor or Davenports of Aston/Edgebaston/Bromsgrove I'd love to hear from you too!
    Thanks ever so much
    Ann

briancave

Default lammas

Martin, part of my ancesters also lived and were recorded over the same time, my gmother on my fathers side was Sarah Ann Lammas she lived at The Pleck Sidemoor Bromsgrove and her father and his father was named JABEZ Lammas, so are we related? brian

Default Bromsgrove Names

Hi Folks

I have a Sarah Jane TROTH who married Charles HANDS, around 1880s. This is a very distant relationship to me.

Mike

briancave

Default lammas

I'm looking for and tracing ancestors, by the name of LAMMAS they lived on the Pleck, a story was told to me that one of my kin, running from the police run into a post box and killed himself? So I'm ooking to find is this story true, any one know of this? brian

Martin Stephens

Question Lammas

Quote Originally Posted by briancave View Post
    Martin, part of my ancesters also lived and were recorded over the same time, my gmother on my fathers side was Sarah Ann Lammas she lived at The Pleck Sidemoor Bromsgrove and her father and his father was named JABEZ Lammas, so are we related? brian
    Yes we are related (probably). Sarah Ann Lammas was actually Sarah Ann Ballard. Her father was Jabez Ballard aka Jabez Lammas whose father was in turn Jabez Lammas. Jabez Lammas's father was Thomas Lammas who was my GGGG Grandfather.

Jabez Ballard b 1867 was the illegitimate son of Sarah Ann Ballard and presumably Jabez Lammas who married in 1868. Jabez Ballard was named in the census returns as Jabez Lammas while he was living with his parents until after he married Eliza Bedford in 1890. After that he used the name Jabez Ballard in the 1901 census.

I have a lot of information about the Lammas family which I am happy to share so please get in touch if the information above matches your 2 Jabez.

Regards,

Martin

briancave

Martin, thanks for your reply, yes I would like any information you have about Lammas, the only record I have is from census and copies of my grans marriage and death cert:s My email add; is :- cbriancave (at) aol.com
    I've been doing my tree for years my dads side, name Cave and got back to this guy.
    Guiomar at, https://fabpedigree.com/s064/f515376.htm it does help if you have a family history society, I have also had my dna looked at and found some very close cousins about 30 and most have Cave as surname
    Last edited by Jan1954; 05-02-2008 at 5:32 PM. Reason: Email address

Phil Richards

Martin, if you are still looking for it, I have a recent photograph of the building.

MS Virtual Earth shows it at https://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...e=-1&encType=1

I hope that helps,
    Phil

Martin Stephens

Thanks for the photograph. The area behind the shop there must have been the Pleck where my Lammas ancestors lived for 200 years!

Regards,

Martin

dryad

Default military hospital

Hi....you obviously have great local knowledge I wonder if you could help me...

could you tell me if any buildings, possibly the old Workhouse in Birmingham Rd,was used as a military hospital during WW1? The Worc's regiment say that soldiers were treated in Bromsgrove but I can't find out where. I've tried Worcester Records Office and Bromsgrove museum and Library and national Archives but so far no one has given me an answer...thanks JP

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast