Eric Carlson

Question Elizabeth Ann Spence

I'm starting a new search for my Grandmother, Elizabeth Ann Spence. She was born October 20, 1894 to William Clark Spence and Helen Spence (maybe Ellen, nee Miller or Millar). The address shown is 13 Anderson St. Sinclairtown? Dysart. Great Grandpa and Grandma were married July 20, 1888 in Leslie. Grandma was Baptized on December 30, 1895(96) at Pathhead Church. Grandma talked about growing up in Kirkcaldy, and she emigrated to Canada before 1922. We are planning a trip to Scotland in September, 2005, and would appreciate any information on the places listed or where we may go to further our search. Thank you Eric.

Melissa

Default Clark in Sinclairtown

I don't think I am a direct relative but Sinclairtown is part of Dysart. I have access to birth certs of David Clark b.1919 and his brother Charles both born there. Our family also resided in Kirkcaldy. Sinclairtown can be found on the net by searching Map of Dysart. There are modern maps and also a old historical one of Sinclairtown. While researching my family I found a Mary Spence Marshall d.1946 in Bowhill Cemetery Kirkcaldy wife of Andrew Grieg d1924. And at Lochgelly Cemetery James Spence d.1939 husband of Janet Adamson. Any help?
    Last edited by Melissa; 01-02-2005 at 6:37 AM. Reason: More info

Eric Carlson

Talking Thank you Melissa!

Thank you Melissa for the information! Our plans are set, we will be in Kirkcaldy around the 12 - 13 of May, and will spend a couple of days before going on to Campbeltown. I've ordered maps of Sinclairtown and area c. 1893 from Edinburgh. I also have the e-mail address to Pathead Church where my Grandmother was baptized. I will keep your information and see if it fits! Thank you again, Eric.

Melissa

Lightbulb Spence

Hi Eric, just a thought, you could try

www.ellisisland.org

You might be able to find Elizabeth Ann Spence and her family travelling to
    Canada/America, this is a free site. You could tell which Elizabeth Spence by
    her age, then the rest of the family would be travelling with her. This record may even have the adress of their family/sponsor into America. I only suggest it as it worked for my friends family recently, who also went to Canada in the 1920's.

All the best Melissa.