yelkcub

Default Rochdale St Chad's Parish Register

Does anyone know whether the Parish Registers for St Chad's, Rochdale parish church, are available anywhere on CD? Quite a lot of the records are available in the Lancs Online Parish Clerk Project, but there are large gaps, usually coinciding with the records I'm particularly interested in ...
    Ian

Jan1954

It depends upon the dates that you are after, but Lancashire Parish Register Society have fiches (not CDs, I'm afraid) on their stand at Parish Chest

yelkcub

Default St Chad's registers

I suppose if I bought the fiche I could use the local library's fiche reader.
    There are at least two families in my research whose baptisms, wedding and burials probably took place in St Chad's throughout the 18th and early 19th centuries - the Hoyles and the Buckleys. I suppose the most important one for my current research concerns the christening of James Buckley. There are at least three IGI records of James Buckley christened 1722 or 1723. I hope that the original record will indicate the parents' abode (as is often the case with St Chad's records). When he died in 1812 my ancestor James Buckley's memorial inscription was 'James Buckley of Belfield'. Other place names associated with this branch of Buckleys include Dobfield, Plumbhouse and Newbold - so all within a relatively small area, Butterworth FS and its near neighbours.
    Once again, I really appreciate your taking the time to reply to my query
    Ian in Cornwall