Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    pipsqueak

Default Baley Family... vanished!

Please please help me locate this family! The wife of the family is my relative, and I'm hoping the unusual names might help. Here they are in 1891.

Class: RG12; Piece: 1233; Folio 7; Page 7

Here are their full names:
    James Usill Baley, born 1859, Thorney, Cambridgeshire
    Elizabeth Baley (nee Sutton), born 1860, Islington
    Richard Sutton Baley, born 1887, Thorney (reg. Peterboro)
    Thomas Usill Baley, born 1888, - ditto -
    Dorothy Mary Baley, born 1890 - ditto -

I'm looking for them after 1891. The Baley family are in evidence before 1891 and I know where Elizabeth was before this too. I jsut can't understand what happened to them after 1891.

You should know that other members of Elizabeth's extended family have been sighted in Eastbourne, London, Toronto, Chicago, the Channel Islands and South Africa - so I'm open to all possibilities.

Also, I've seen a death record for a man with the exact same name as the husband, who died in Florida in the 1980s (could be his grandson - I'm following that lead already)

Thank you for looking!

Name well known on Brit-Gen

this looks like one of the Children.............
    Thomas Usill Baley.........World War 1 Draft Cards. 1917-1918
    Miltary residence :City, Lake, Ohio.

Sorry I can't view more than that. "A**********y"

Wendy

pipsqueak

Thanks! That actually helped I think! I have located James U Baley and Thomas U Baley in Cleveland, Ohio in 1900. The year of birth for Thomas is correct but the father is 1863 instead of 1859/60. The father is a farmer, which also helps... but they are with his brother-in-law, which doesn't. Number of years married also fits - except the wife isn't there! Still looking!

pipsqueak

I don't know if this has been posted before, but if you think anyone went through Ellis Island on entry to the United States, it's well worth looking on the Ellis Island website: www.ellisisland.org. You can search and view images free. I have just found Elizabeth and Dorothy returning to Cleveland Ohio from a visit to England in 1920! The ages are exactly right this time. I guess you just have to know where to look!

Brick wall demolition expert! ChristineR's Avatar

the father is 1863 instead of 1859/60...

I wouldn't worry too much if ages are not exact for those days - certainly not enough of a reason to discount anyone if all other known facts fit. The sort of difference quoted above is neglible.
    ChristineR

pipsqueak

Thanks - you're right. It is the right family. I've located them all now - and with immigration records I've traced the wife and daughter's decennial trips back to England right up to 1940.

It's always worth a Google too, when you're looking for people.... this man here: churchmouse photographed cast iron gravemarkers - one of which was on the grave of Thomas Usill Baley's parents and another webpage lists all the graves in the cemetery in Ohio where they are all buried.

Father and one son died in 1914 and the other son in 1918. The daughter never married and died in 1979, and a grandson died in Florida in 1986. This is as close as I have been able to get to the living.... now I'm thinking I might have some Ohio relatives somewhere!

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Nicely tucked in & away Pipsqueak.

Off to Ohio then?

Wendy

pipsqueak

sstacy

Hi! I know it has been several years since your quest, were you successful? If not I am married into the family you were searching for in Ohio. I have only recently started the research and am a "newbie", but I know a lot of who was where after 1891...I would love to know BEFORE 1891...if you still have questions, I would be happy to share my information! Looking forward to hearing from you!

pipsqueak

Hi there sstacy - sorry not to have seen this before. I can certainly help tin a bit of info pre-1891. Please get in touch by private MessagePad and we can communicate by email.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast