lorraineosborne

Default Balderton Gate Wesleyan Chapel

My ancestors were married in 1813 at St Giles Church, Balderton, Newark. Some of their children were baptised here but some at the Balderton Gate Wesleyan Chapel I've just realised this is in Newark itself and not Balderton. I can't find any information about it or pictures.

Can anyone help?

Lorraine Osborne

Name well known on Brit-Gen

I just Googled Balderton GAte Wesleyan Chapel, & up came a page full of items bearing those words inc. 1907 a stone laying ceremony reported in the Newark paper.(took a few seconds to load). Much more there thatI didn't look at.

cheers Wendy

lorraineosborne

Quote Originally Posted by Waitabit View Post
    I just Googled Balderton GAte Wesleyan Chapel, & up came a page full of items bearing those words inc. 1907 a stone laying ceremony reported in the Newark paper.(took a few seconds to load). Much more there thatI didn't look at.

cheers Wendy
    Thanks for your reply. I also googled it but couldn't get any relative information

Lorraine

Reputation beyond repute

Why not pop down and have a look? You could also look in at the museum - they're usually good for old pictures not to mention the history of the various chapels.

lorraineosborne

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    Why not pop down and have a look? You could also look in at the museum - they're usually good for old pictures not to mention the history of the various chapels.
    Good thinking!
    We were in Balderton yesterday and I looked at St Giles church where my ancestors married and a nearby Methodist Chapel on the same street as the church. What I didn't realise till I got home was that Balderton Gate Wesleyan Chapel is, or was, I think, in Balderton Gate, in Newark town centre not Balderton.

Don't think I'll be going again for awhile.

Lorraine

larkspur

hi, the chapel is not on Baldertongate but BARNBYGATE if you google that you should have more luck

lorraineosborne

Quote Originally Posted by larkspur View Post
    hi, the chapel is not on Baldertongate but BARNBYGATE if you google that you should have more luck
    Thanks - I'll have a look at that.

Lorraine