Thread: John GOODWIN

Ron61

Default John GOODWIN

I am desperately seeking information on John GOODWIN who married Sarah BULL on 09 June 1817 in Little Paxton. He is my great great great grandfather and as he died before the 1841 census I know precious little about him. I do know that he was a cordwainer, and from the birth dates of his children [all apparently born in Great Paxton] he died sometime between 1826 and the 1841 census. I have no idea of where he was born, but I suspect somewhere in Huntingdonshire. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Ron Goodwin, Chorley, Lancs.

mafletcheruk

Question Cordwainer/St Neots-1830

Don't know if this helps much but I've looked at the 1830 Pigot's Directory entry for St Neots (the nearest town of any notable size) and there is a James Bull listed as being a bootmaker on St Neots' High Street. As your relative's wife was called Sarah Bull I just thought I'd mention it as they could be connected. Worth following-up as it seems a bit of a coincidence. Perhaps your g-g-g-grandfather worked in his father-in-law's shop? (just a thought).

David Mann

Question James BULL

Very interested to know whether or not you have made a connection between John GOODWIN, Sarah BULL and James BULL. James was my 3rd GGF.

Ron61

Default James BULL

No I haven't yet made a connection David, I was hoping that you would tell me that my Sarah [born in St. Neots] was the sister or cousin of your James. By the way, as you are in Australia are you related to the Robert BULL who emmigrated there with his family in 1851 on the barque Ascendant?