Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    viva1angel

Default Soooo many kids! half are hiding from me :(

Hopefully someone can help me Out with this...

Well my Looooovely Relative Decided to have 14 kids lol.

Well, i have Exhausted Free bmd, Been Hunting on IGI for a Sniff of some more kids.... But hey Ho.... i cant Find any born after 1901 (after Census )

So i am here to you all in the hope someone can help me trach the missing ones.

So... We have Alfred Linley of Greasboro' Rotherham.... Who Married Eliza Wray in 1886.

They had
    1. Arthur in 1886
    2. Herbert in 1889
    3. Lavinia in 1890
    4. George in 1893
    5. Laura in 1895
    6. Maggie in 1897
    7. Edward in 1898

13. Sarah A in 1908.

Somewhere after Edward there are another 5 kids... then sarah.... and then another one......
    I know one name Is Florence but i havent been able to Match any Florence to her parents Yet

can anyone help me out here... or Direct me to somewhere i can Find out.... and how to do it lol

thanks for any help
    emma

genewizard

Hi Emma I had a near enough same problem finding 10 children I had some from the 1901 census and some from after 1911 when they started given the mothers maiden names but the one's inbetween I just couldn't be sure so out of curiosity I searched the WW1 service and pension records and I found the father of the children and in his service record not only did it give the name of his wife but also the names dates of birth and places of birth of the children he had up until his enrolment into the army and it actually solved my problem as I discovered all the missing children.
    I don't know if you will get the same results but it might be worth a try. I certainly hope so.
    Genewizard

viva1angel

How do i get to Look at WW1 records and Such?
    thanks for help

genewizard

do you have a subscription to ancestry if not you could give me the fathers details and I can have a look though they are not complete at the moment records are being added all the time or you could search the national archieves in London

v.wells

Try theNationalArchives.gov.uk or findmypast or check the complete BMD index on A* if you have a sub. They also have some military records, medal cards and pensions which you can also find at TNA.

viva1angel

Quote Originally Posted by genewizard View Post
    do you have a subscription to ancestry if not you could give me the fathers details and I can have a look though they are not complete at the moment records are being added all the time or you could search the national archieves in London
    Hi, no i dont have a Subscription Just yet (Husband says i got to wait till Christmas )

The man In Question is Alfred linley, Born in Greasbro' Which is Yorkshire. he was Born in 1862. He married Eliza Wray in 1886.

thanks so much for the help

Emma

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by viva1angel
    How do i get to Look at WW1 records and Such?
    thanks for help
    Have a read of this

When the dad died, did he leave a will in which he mentions his children?

viva1angel

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffers View Post
    Have a read of this

When the dad died, did he leave a will in which he mentions his children?

I havent Found a will as yet, I will keep Looking for one though.

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by viva1angel
    I havent Found a will as yet, I will keep Looking for one though.
    The probate calendar has been copied onto film and can be seen at most record offices. It is very easy to use and copies of wills can be ordered via the Probate Registry.

genewizard

Hi viva1angel I have just checked Ancestry and there is no WW1 records for Alfred Linley at the moment, sorry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast