Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    brad

Hi Genewizard
    I have recently acquired 3 family photo albumns, one with postcard photos only. On the back of many are dates and addresses of family, both to and from family members. My question is, is there a telephone book for the Ashington, Newbiggin and Morpeth area for the 1940's. Or another means of tracking a family down to a specific address in a given year?

Dorothy

If your offer is still available I would like any info. on my MITCHELL ancestors in North Shields.I believe George Ellis MITCHELL married and was on the 1911 census with his wife. Perhaps his father, Robert was living with him after the old area including Bell Street was cleared.
    Still searching for the death of my unknown grandfather William James MITCHELL b. abt 1883 and married my grandmother on 13th Set., , 1904 at the Registry Office in Tynemouth. His older brother Robert b. abt. 1866 married Annie McCoy and she had children sometimes in North Shields and others in Scotland Mary Ann, one of the children was b. 1891 , and another child was Alexander.

Loves to help with queries

Quote Originally Posted by genewizard View Post
    Hi i just thought that I would offer my services and let people know that if they want anything looked up from the Newcastle Evening Chronicle/Journal I often go into Newcastle Civic centre where the Family history dept is at the moment and I am willing to look things up for people also North shields Library has a good collection of family history information so if your ancestors came from what is now North tyneside i.e Wallsend,WhitleyBay,North Shields, Tynemouth etc I will have a look for you. I go to North Shields Library about once every 2 weeks to look for my own family tree so it is no problem to help someone else.
    Hi Are you still able to obtain information? My GGF Charles Henry Ponton died in Newcastle on 30 April 1926. Can you find hidetails from the Evening Chronicle. In particular I need to know where he was buried. Thanks for your help

janew

Hi genewizard
    My name is Jane Pinckney Werthmann, from the USA. this is my first post - my family was from the Northumberland area. Newcastle upon tyne, tynemouth, ryton,etc... I know they go a long way back in this area. Have been able to document 4x grandfather Giles born 1729 died around 1813(found a will of his) he was Born in ryton(listed as a joiner on marriage certificate). Married a Hannah White, had six or seven children.
    One of his sons Giles Pinckney born 1782 died 1854- lived mostly in tynemouth.(also listed as joiner) He married Mary March in 1812 in Bywell, St. peters. Had several children one of which is my gg grandfather Henry thomas Pinckney born 1826- died 1903.

any help you can give will be appreciated.

If your very kind offer of look ups in the Newcastle Evening Chronicle is still open I would be most grateful if you could please look for an obituary for my GGrandfather, JOHN CAMERON PROCTOR, who died 29 November 1901. I believe an obituary was published and I would very much like to know the wording.

Many thanks.

Vivian

boddso

How very kind of you. I can see that you have had several enquiries, so I hope you haven't been too snowed under with requests. I have a question you may be able to answer. I have Mark Holland, born March 15th 1902 Byker. Sometime between then and April 1908 he and his family moved to Rochdale, Lancashire. My problem is that although Mark's birth was registered with the surname Holland, I believe he was raised as Mark Tetlow, son of Joseph tetlow and Clara nee Weedall. All other avenues of enquiry have proved dead ends (no definate date in March 1902 for Mark Tetlow birth, no registration of Mark Tetlow birth, no family knowledge of Holland/Tetlow, etc) so I was wondering if perhaps Mark attended a school in Byker under either the surname Holland or Tetlow. Might the archive centre have any school records, do you know? I have family census entries 1901 under Holland and 1911 under Tetlow, but can't prove they are the same family. Many thanks for your time - Pam
    Last edited by boddso; 09-06-2012 at 11:58 AM. Reason: spelling

Valued member of Brit-Gen

if your kind offer still exits i am trying to find anything out about James Fenwick who fought in the great war with the Royal Northumberland fusiliers and in 1918 whilst with the 2nd battalion was awarded the military medal. From Cullercoats he was a signaller and would love to find out more about either his award or a photo if it appears in the local paper. should have occured between September and October 1918. cheers

Peter68

Hi I know this is quite an old thread but if any one is going to North Shields Library I would appreciate a look up in the Preston cemetery records I' am looking for a John Nicholson Dying between 1862 and 1865 there are 5 John Nicholson's dying in Tynemouth District 2 in 1862 1 in 1863 1 in 1864 and 1 in 1865 in the 1861 census he is living at 92, Hudson Street ,Tynemouth and his occupation was down as an accountant but some times down as a clerk or a agent he was born about 1799 and his wife was called Jane

Many Thanks

Dorothy

This thread is probably no longer current but just in case I am still looking for more info. about the Mitchells of North Shields .Info on an earlier posting a few years ago

Hello Dorothy
    As genewizard has not been on the forums for 3 years may I suggest that you start a new thread (in the Northumberland or Brickwalls forum?) about your Mitchells of North Shields, giving all the information you have and telling us exactly what it is you wish to find out? This way our active and helpful members can take a look at it and see if they can help you move forward with this family.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast