fizzernz

Smile turning your book into a interactive dvd

Hi guys,
    well i've done the book thing and was pretty pleased how it came out
    now i want to go to the next step ,
    Books are gr8 but in a interactive world i'd like to be able to put it all on dvd so ppl can go though it with a bit more interest
    Id like ye old tree format, plus photos documents pic of places where they lived etc etc etc
    its a big ask but i'd like ppl's thoughts on how to do this

Magpie1

I've done this on a very small scale at a family history class I go to. We used powerpoint, not quite sure how interactive you are thinking of. In the one I made, I put in photos, family history points, bmd certificates and census records and a general timeline. I made it based on just one of my ancestors and traced his life.

Default Turning book into DVD

Quote Originally Posted by fizzernz View Post
    Hi guys,
    well i've done the book thing and was pretty pleased how it came out
    now i want to go to the next step ,
    Books are gr8 but in a interactive world i'd like to be able to put it all on dvd so ppl can go though it with a bit more interest
    Id like ye old tree format, plus photos documents pic of places where they lived etc etc etc
    its a big ask but i'd like ppl's thoughts on how to do this
    Havent done any of this but .....

A simple way, as you have already written your book, would be add all the extra stuff you want and then convert it to PDF. You could also tack on a gedcom converted to HTML.

As i say havent done it, having been so relieved to finish a book, have left it at that. I have thought about the DVD concept though, but not enought spare round tuits.

cheers..Ed