elizabeth Ann

Default SPRIGGS, Mary Ann in March, Cambs

I am looking for a death certificate for Mary Ann. I believe she died from childbirth just after the 1841 Census maybe in 1842. She was married to James Spriggs in the Church by Banns 31 Jan 1827. She is listed the the 1841 Census in the Hamlet of March in Parish of Doddington, Cambridgeshire under the listing of Sumps. Any help is very much appreciated.
    Elizabeth of Sonoma, CA, USA
    Last edited by elizabeth Ann; 07-01-2005 at 2:25 AM.

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth Ann
    I am looking for a death certificate for Mary Ann. I believe she died from childbirth just after the 1841 Census maybe in 1842. She was married to James Spriggs in the Church by Banns 31 Jan 1827. She is listed the the 1841 Census in the Hamlet of March in Parish of Doddington, Cambridgeshire under the listing of Sumps. Any help is very much appreciated.
    Elizabeth of Sonoma, CA, USA
    If you search the freebmd website you may find something useful.

Search under her name and restrict the date range to June 1842. When you get a hit, you'll see that the district is underlined, click on this and you'll go to a link showing the area this covers.

Using a reference found in the General Register Office (GRO) index you may apply online for a copy of a certificate via the GRO website.

Geoffers
    Charlbury, Oxfordshire

elizabeth Ann

Default Geoffers Many Thanks

Thank you for your advice. I have tried the rootsweb site but, as it suggested, it was too busy and I couldn't get through! I shall try again to search that way for the death certificate.

elizabeth Ann

Kester, many thanks. I'm going to apply for a copy of the certificate with the GRO. Yeh! A step forward!
    Elizabeth

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth Ann
    Thank you for your advice. I have tried the rootsweb site but, as it suggested, it was too busy and I couldn't get through! I shall try again to search that way for the death certificate.
    As the site is busy - the entry records:

Quarter - June
    Year - 1842
    Name - SPRIGGS, Mary Ann
    District - N. Witchford
    Volume - 14
    Page - 93

Good luck
    Geoffers
    Charlbury, Oxfordshire