Linda Dutton

Default death certificates please help

The information I have on my great great grandfather Edward Dutton is that he was born 1821 at Tottenhill, Cheshire. Died March 1906 Chester. As I have not done a great deal of this type of searching I am not sure if this is his correct date of death (seems there are a lot of Edward Dutton"s). I did find some info that stated his death was registered in volume 8A page 243.His wife Martha Harnott born 1828 Newton Chester.. died?June 1903? at the age of 75 in Chester. Please someone educate me!!!! Thanks from across the pond!

v.wells

Linda

Are you getting the info from the GRO indexes? If so, you can order the certs from GRO Government Records Office www.gro.gov.uk online using credit card - cost is £7.50. Check the GRO Reference # box and use the name as written in the index, followed by the district, the quarter, vol #, pge#. I shall have a look for you.

This is what I found based on your information checking the complete BMD's GRO indexes

1906 Dutton, Edward age 85 District: Chester Vol 8a p 243, 1Q
    Last edited by v.wells; 24-07-2008 at 3:03 AM. Reason: Added more information after look up

v.wells

1903 Dutton Martha abt 1828 d June 1903 Chester, Cheshire, Flintshire vol 8a p 220

1901 census RG13 Piece 3366 Folio 155 p 10
    Edward Dutton H 80 retired farmer born Tattenhall, Cheshire
    Martha Dutton W 72 b Waverton, Cheshire
    Martha Dutton Dau, Married 40 b Poulton, Lancs
    Benjamin Dutton son, Married 26 railway worker b Poulton, Lancs
    Martha Dutton grand dau age 11 b Poulton, Lancs

Hope these are your people?

Linda Dutton

Many thanks for your help...Linda