Hello, hope you can help. Here is all I know;

My Great Grandmother was Isabella Scott-Kerr b 22nd July 1883 in Kinning Park, Glasgow, d April 1975 in Wythenshawe, Manchester. Her parents were;

Archibald Scott-Kerr b 17th May 1863 in Kilmarnock, Ayr, Scotland and
Bridget McGinnis b about 1863 in Ireland and died in Chorlton, Manchester.

The parents of Bridget McGinnis were; Michael McGinnis & Bridget McNelis They were both from Ireland and had 8 children, all born in Ireland, my GT GT Grandmother Bridget McGinnis being the youngest. Somewhere between 1863 and 1871 Bridget McNelis, her Mother Isabella McNelis and her 8 children moved to Glasgow Maxwell, Lanarkshire, Scotland where I find them on the 1871 Scottish census and can trace them from there to me.

I cannot, however find any trace of them in Ireland. Michael McGinnis is not with them in Scotland, Bridget is shown as Head of the household in 1871 so I assume he died between 1863 and 1871.

The oldest child was Hannah McGinnis b 1848, so I assume Michael and Bridget were married prior to 1848 in Ireland. Michael McGinnis was a "Seaman, Merchant Service" as recorded on the marriage certificate of his daughter Bridget to Archibald Scott-Kerr in 1883.

I found a Michael McGinnis in the Griffiths Valuation for Omagh, Co. Tyrone and sent all the information I have to a researcher in Ireland but he could not find any record of marriage or births of the children.

I then found a "McNelis" page on the internet which included reference to my family in Scotland saying they were from "Bruxless, Co. Donegal" but could not contact the author of the piece. So I sent that to the researcher in Ireland and paid again for more research but again that has drawn a blank.

Can anybody PLEASE help me find my McGinnis and McNelis families in Ireland?