Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    garyboy

Default Maurice Sanders. ( 1933 - 1935 )

Iam still having trouble who Maurice Sanders... Finding his Mother and Father

He was only 17 months old when he died In 1935 ( 5th October )
    He is buried at the Northern Cemetery Bullwall , I have confermation of this.
    He is buried in the grave of...may be his grandad William Henry Easom,

The person who could be his mother is Annie Easom, born 1898 and died 1937
    and she married in 1908, but I cant find who to. ..is there a Annie Easom married to a Sanders in your records at this date.

Thanks
    GARY

Jan1954

Hello Gary,

The safest way to find out would be to obtain the death and birth certificates.

Both registered in the Nottingham Registration District

Death:
    December quarter 1935, Maurice SANDERS, aged 1, volume 7b, page 316

Birth:
    June quarter 1934, Maurice SANDERS, mother's maiden name KERSHAW, volume 7b, page 638

pennydog

Quote Originally Posted by garyboy View Post
    The person who could be his mother is Annie Easom, born 1898 and died 1937
    and she married in 1908,
    Thanks
    GARY
    Is the marriage date a typo?

Annie Easom can be found on the 1901 census RG13/3189/147/14 crown copyright/care of TNA living at Bloomfield Place Nottingham

Her father is William Easom

pennydog

The only Annie Easom marriage I can find in Nottingham is to Charles Morely June qtr 1923 7b 813.

garyboy

Thanks all for your quick reply.
    It is something of a minefield.
    Its looking likly that Annie was married twice. She only lived for 39 years so would have been 37 when Maurice died.
    The other mystery is Annie Easom is buried in a different family grave to her son , where there was room for her.
    Her father was William Easom as mentioned on this thread living at Broofield place , and mother was Elizabeth Easom, they are in Maurices grave.
    There may have been an ANNIE ROBINSON, Married to a Sanders. As there is a George Robinson aged 6 in the same grave.

larkspur

Where have you got Annies death in 1937 from? I have looked for deaths in Nottingham for Annie Easom/ Sanders/ Robinson and Kershaw. None fit agewise.
    Graham gives the birth for Maurice with mothers maiden name Kershaw. There is a marriage for Sanders -Kershaw.
    My father has 3 babies in his grave, none of them are related.
    My granduncle has 2 babies and a 3 year old, none related to him.
    Just because Maurice is buried in this grave, it does not mean he was related.

garyboy

Hi Larkspur.
    Thanks for your reply.
    I have the record of ANNIE Easom Who is buried in Northern Cemetery. Bullwall Nottingham.
    Dated 17th May 1937.
    She is the first interment of four in this grave.
    This grave was purchased as a family grave by David Easom who is the third interment ( 1965 )

The other grave where Maurice Sanders is aged 17months ( Died 1935 ) is also a family grave Purchased by Elizabeth Ann Easom ( died 1961 )
    As its a family grave I would think Maurice is a relative.
    I have found a record of Ellen Easom (1886-1974) marrying James William Kershaw (1887-1966 ), They had a son Albert Kershaw, He married a NEWTON 1945.
    I do know that Albert was Nottingham Forests coach driver.
    Maybe Ellen and James had a daughter who may have married a Sanders.

larkspur

Hi again Gary, I found Annie Easoms death Jun 1937 Nottingham 7b/351 she was aged 49 (sometimes free bmd is better than Ancestry!)
    I found the Frank Sanders and Annie Kershaw marriage Nottingham Sep 1931 7b/781. Parents of Maurice, his birth Jun 1934 Nottm 7b/638.
    Also marriage of James William Kershaw and Ellen Easom Jun 1909 Nottm 7b/540
    And you are right James William Kershaw had a daughter another Annie Dec 1909 Nottm 7b/469
    Albert was registered in Nottingham Dec 1926 7b/674
    William J Sept 1912
    Lawrence 1921
    Edgar 1929.
    Ellen Kershaw is on a certain census as " Nellie"....

garyboy

Super stuff Larkspur.
    I remember my aunt saying there was a Nellie, I think she really was a Ellen...spell Ellen backwards, and you get Nelle...with out the letter ..I.
    So what we see is the other Annie was born out of wedlock. And am I right in thinking Maurice is the son of Annie Kershaw ( nee Easom )

larkspur

Nellie is a well known nickname for Ellen.
    Annie Kershaw (daughter of Ellen Easom and James Kershaw)was not born out of wedlock but she could certainly have been the reason the marriage took place as her mother would have been pregnant at the time.
    Maurice is NOT the son of Annie Easom.She would have been 45 years old....very unlikely
    On the 1891 Census William H Easom is living in Basford with his wife Elizabeth Ann .
    Among their other children are Ellen aged 3 and Elizabeth A aged 11 months.
    There is a birth registered in Basford for Annie Elizabeth Dec 1888 7b/214
    I think they could be one and the same making Ellen Easom b 1886 (married to James Kershaw) and Annie E b 1888 sisters.
    So Annie would have been Maurices great- aunt.
    If she was a spinster she would have been buried as Annie Easom.
    Annie Kershaw mother of Maurice b 1909 married Frank Sanders and they were the parents of Maurice.
    Annie Kershaw would have been buried as Annie Sanders.
    There is a death in Basford Jun 1992 8/594
    Annie Sanders aged 82- birth listed as 23 Oct 1909.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast