DONNAMCKENZIE

Default Alice Frances PELLING death?

Hello .
    I have been searching for the death of Alice Frances Pelling nee Walker. She was my grandfathers first wife. She married Arthur Henry Pelling and had 2 daughters. Alice Florence born 1900 and Edith born 1902,Islington. I have found Arthurs ww1 documents and they tell me that the family are all together in 1915 and living in City Road London. I have 2 possible marriages for the daughters(Parker and Palmer). What I can't seem to find is Alice Frances Pelling death registration. She was born in 1877 in Hoxton. Arthur her husband remarried in 1940 Finsbury and it states he is a widow. So Alice died between 1915 and 1940. I can't find anything in the London area in this time. Please could someone with fresh eyes have a look for me.

Much appreciated

Donna

Very quick off the mark.

Hello Donna,

The only Pelling I could find on Free BMD is:

Deaths Jun 1922 Surname Pelling First name(s)Alice Age 52 District Limehouse Vol 1c Page 326

However the age is wrong. This Alice would have been born in 1870.

maggie

DONNAMCKENZIE

Thanks Maggie.

She seems to have disappeared. I will keep on looking and see if anything turns up.

Donna

bjelkier

I have checked the index from 1915 to 1940 and the only one with the right age is in DecQ 1931 - Alice [54] Uckfield 2b : 166.