Gordon S

Default Death of Isaac Richardson Lookup

Grateful if someone can point me to a source where I can obtain a quick cheap extract of Death of Isaac Spence Richardson, Died cApr 1908, buried Harton Cemetery, Westoe, South Shields. and wife Agnes Vance (Richardson) died July 1913, South Shields and buried same cemetery. Isaac was always better known as Spence. I'm having a senior moment as I knew where to get this information on payment of credits but can't remember where after my computer had a small heart problem and lost the detail. I'm really just trying to find Isaac's parents' details (George Richardson & Margaret Spence, married 22 Nov 1835 in Guiseley, York West Riding). I think George died c1875 in South Shields and is buried nearby. No idea of his birth date and details, etc.

Reputation beyond repute

You can order death certificates here...
    https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

...but quite frankly they won't help you in your aim of finding out about their parentage. The parents' ages at death would help to determine when they were born. If you only have an index reference to their marriage, it would be a good plan to obtain or view the original entry which may provide information about their places of origin.

Mutley

In the 1841 Census there is a Spence Richardson born about 1837 living in Guiseley, Yorkshire. He is seemingly with parents

George born about 1816, not born in County, a Blacksmith
    Margaret born about 1821, born in County
    and sister Jane age 2 born in county.

Now if we can only find them in 1851 we may get George's birthplace but I am not having much luck and as Peter says you would need to tie that in with the marriage certificate.

Gordon S

Default Isaac Richardson

To Peter and Mutley. Thanks for help. With a wet and cold weekend coming I may just get some time to explore this family line. 1851 census sounds profitable. Family obviously stayed in Yorkshire and died in South Shields eventually if that is any help. regards Gordon

spiderboy

Hi
    In 1851 it looks as if Margaret had died and George had married again to a Jane who was presumably the widow of a man named Gibbon. See Piece: 2402. Folio: 508. Page: 4.
    Isaac might be the servant at Piece: 2375. Folio: 346. Page: 6. Age shown in A as 16 but I think might well be 14. Hope this helps. Spiderboy.

Mutley

If Spiderboy has found your George, this one is also a Blacksmith, then he is saying he was born in Wallsend, Northumberland.

There are several deaths for Margaret Richardson in Yorkshire in the 1840's. Not at all sure if one is yours.

Mutley

As you do not have access to the census this is the family that Spiderboy found for you in 1851.

John Gibbon 19 Adopted son, Born Gateshead
    Thomas E Gibbon 13 Adopted son, born Horsforth
    William Gibbon 21 Adopted son, born Gateshead
    George Richardson 39 Head of household, Born Wallsend, Northumberland
    Harriet Richardson 2 Daughter, born Gateshead
    Irene Richardson 43 Wife, Born Gateshead
    Jane Richardson 12 Daughter, born Horsforth
    Mary Richardson 9 Daughter, born Horsforth

They were living in the district of St Mary's Gateshead. The men were Blacksmiths and Thomas was an errand boy.

Issac ws a servant living in Guisbrough to a farmer called Jackson Hegele. Issac says he was born in 1835 in Stokesley, Yorkshire.

Gordon S

Hi from cold wet and raining Taupo, New Zealand (It's winter so can't complain really).

See above thread. I'm not sure that Margaret Richardson(nee unknown) died young (How do I prove it?) or that George remarried (again, how do I prove it?). I don't have ready access to Census, etc. easily here in the Antipodes so research, even with Internet and poor memory is a pain. I can only find two children to Geo/Marg - Isaac Spence (b c1837 - my GGrandfather) and Jane (b c1839), maybe she (Margaret) wasn't around in 1851/1861/1871? I would be grateful if someone can give me a little guidance about where to go from here?

I do blether along - don't I!
    regards to all
    Gordon