Witchypoo

Red face DEPORTED TO JAMAICA 1923 - Alfred Mcpherson

Hello everyone..... I am here to plead.....Can anyone help me please......

I have been trying to find out any information on my fathers uncle Alfred Mcpherson who married Emma Jane Goodwin. in 1918 His age was shown as 41.

Emma passed away in 1923 in Kent, by this time there was three children. Alfred was alledgely in the Navy according to my nan and up to this minute I have learnt this was not the case. According to their marriage certficate in DOVER it shows the following:

Alfred was a Sapper REWR Miltary Road Ramsgate. but when the children were born it showed that Alfred was a Private LABOUR CORPS. Upon Emma's death the children were sent to an Orphanage, which one I dont know and from what I can gather he was deported to Jamaica. His father Andrew was shown as a Minor deceased

Now very confused.... as all this time one relative had a gentleman in a navy uniform depicting HMS PEMBROKE they believed to be Alfred and now information proves it was not the Navy but the army.

Do the army deport and If deported to Jamica where I can contact for further information regarding this very intriquing man..... He is like the scarlet pimernel very elusive......I suspect he was born there if deported back there....if so how can I find out any information at all.

Regards

Witchypoo

MarkJ

As there is another thread regarding this particular family, I think it is best to use the other thread if you can assist, which already has some replies.
    Hence, this thread is locked.

Please use -
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...ad.php?t=31260