Thread: Eardley/Harris

patriciapowell1943

Thumbs up Eardley/Harris

I am searching Francis Eardley (male) before 1800 in the Staffordshire area and am also looking for Florence Harris b 1913 Aston Birmingham, died 1978. no birth certificate can be found. I have been researching for about 5 years. But am stuck as to where to search before 1800.
    many thanks

Famous for offering help & advice michaelpipe's Avatar

Presumably you have checked freebmd - there are three Florence Harris births in Birmingham Reg Dist 1912 - 1914, mother's names Stanford, Fox, and McCoy. No good?

Michael

Famous for offering help & advice michaelpipe's Avatar

This may produce a few Eardley leads. I did a quick search for Francis, but it only came up with one 1772 with reference to Uttoxeter.

https://www.archives.staffordshire.go...Cmd=Search.tcl

Michael

patriciapowell1943

Exclamation Eardley

Hi Michael
    On the 1841 census Francis age is given as 55 making birth year 1786 his wife Elizabeth is 45
    On the 1851 census his age is given as 74 and his wife is 62 making his birth year 1777. Do you think this is a mistake when writing down their ages or are we talking about two different families? On the 1851 census they are listed as living next doow to his son Thomas and wife Sarah and these are definitely my great great grand parents. What do you think?