Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    rayrussell2000u

Hi,

I am looking for the name Agazzi it originates from italy and there was some talk of Jewish blood.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rayrussell2000u View Post
    Hi,

I am looking for the name Agazzi it originates from italy and there was some talk of Jewish blood.

Thanks
    A date, even if it is approximate would be very helpful. And location if you have even a vague idea. Anything to make the search easier.
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

rayrussell2000u

Pietro Agazzi and Marie Pauline Zazzi were both born in 1851

Pietro in Italy and Marie in France (Paris)

Any help would be great.

Starting to feel at home

Hi Debbie,
    I'm another Gill. I've been researching the 'Lewis' family, originally from 'Poland/Russia. I have got a bit stuck. My great grandfather travelled and settled in 'San Fransico US mid 1800's. He's christian name was Leonard according to the marriage certificate of my grandfather Benjamin Lewis & my grandmother, Sarah Shafner, (known as Cissie).
    Benjamin, bn 1865 in San Francisco, came to England 188o's. However, there is a San Francisco record US record of an Emanuel Lewis that tallies. If you can help, I will be able to give precise dates. Best regards Gilly

Debbie Bozkurt

Quote Originally Posted by rayrussell2000u View Post
    Pietro Agazzi and Marie Pauline Zazzi were both born in 1851

Pietro in Italy and Marie in France (Paris)

Any help would be great.
    I had a look in the books and in the Jewish Chronicles nothing with that spellings. I tried putting the surnames into this search engine below and it came up with some possible different spellings of Agazzi that could be Jewish i.e. Agassi. You can try and look up any written material using this free site and any other possible surnames.

https://www.avotaynu.com/csi/csi-home.htm

I had a look at a few other jewish websites that I have access to but nothing on those names, doesn't mean they was not Jewish but the surnames are certainly not coming up.

Sorry Debs

Debbie Bozkurt

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly Lewis View Post
    Hi Debbie,

Benjamin, bn 1865 in San Francisco, came to England 188o's. However, there is a San Francisco record US record of an Emanuel Lewis that tallies. If you can help, I will be able to give precise dates. Best regards Gilly
    Sorry Gill a little confused could you please clarify who you want to find is it Benjamin and where? I don't have a great deal of information on USA Jews mostly UK? Not long got up and still half asleep

Debs

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hi Rayrussel

had a look in Bevis Marks books but no Agazzi sorry

sandie

ET in the USA

Sorry, I am somewhat uninformed on what exactly you might have to search through, so I'll tell you what I know so far.

Mervyn John Leonard Porter married Fay Weisbach [otherwise Fanny Weisberg] [ age 29] 8 Sep 1943 in The Registry Office in the District of Hackney.
    Her father was shown as Harris Weisbach otherwise Weisberg - Carpenter (Journeyman). Witnesses: P. Weisbach & G (or S) Weisbach.
    Her Occ: Clothing Manufacturer's Manageress
    His Occ: Corporal R.E.M.E.

Fanny Sheba Weisberg was born 12 Oct 1913 at 193 Bethnal Green Rd., Bethnal Green District, County of London.
    Father: Harris Weisberg - Cabinet Maker
    Mother: Olga Weisberg formerly Penseus.

Fay Sheba Porter died 12 Sep 1957 [age 42] at Jewish Home of Rest, Balham. Informant: J. M. Porter widower of deceased 104 Lingwood Road, E5.
    Death cert. issued in Wandsworth District. [NOTE: He called himself John Mervyn, although his real name was Mervyn John]

Would like any info. on Harris & Olga Weisberg. Where born, married, died.

Also, any info on Jewish home of Rest - address, what was it, etc.

& anything else you find Also confused why they would change surname from Weisberg to Weisbach (sometime between 1913 & 1943). They both sound German to me, if the idea was to appear more English ???

Thanks
    Elaine

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hi ET

sorry but my books dont go up to recent times...........only up to 1900

sandie

ET in the USA

OK Thanks. I wasn't sure what you had. Do you have any theories/ideas on why they would change their name from Weisberg to Weisbach sometime between her birth in 1913 & her marriage in 1943 ?
    ET

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast