Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    janbooth

Default Joseph & Ann GOULD

I found them in the 1851 census record of Welford (HO107/2074, folio 451, page 14). They are still in Welford on the 1861 census (RG9/2231, folio 42, page 13) with children Francis, Henry, Benjamin, George, Fanny & Joseph. In the 1871 census they are in Marston Sicca (RG10/3207, folio 29, page 22) where he is described as a Coal Merchant with children Benjamin, George, Fanny, Mary Ann, Elizabeth and Sarah Jane. In the 1881 census they are in Mickleton Gloucestershire, still a Coal Merchant with just daughter Sarah at home. In the 1891 census Joseph is back in Marston Sicca (RG12/2478, folio 21, page 6) now described as a widowed Farmer with children George, Mary Ann, Elizabeth and Sarah and he is still there in the 1901 census now described as Living on own means with children George, Mary Ann and Elizabeth. His birth place varies between Broom and Bidford on the census records.

There is a death registration in the March qtr 1884 at Shipston on Stour, vol 6d, page 379 of an Ann GOULD, aged 60 which sounds likely given that Mickleton is in Shipston reg district.

HTH

Janet

Flowers

Default Thank you Jan

Jan you and others on this forum should get together and make your own site where you can gather all the info you all have with instructions on how to use it all . It would make a lot of money .. YOU ARE ALL just the BEST.Thanks JAN i did have some of the info there but a death of Ann elluded me .. Thank you again Sue

janbooth

Default Joseph GOULD

Glad to be of help, Sue, and good luck with the rest of your research.

Janet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12