Default WALLER in Bailieborough & Killinkere?

I'm trying to find any information about Robert WALLER b. abt 1830 Bailieborough. I have that he married a Matilda JOHNSTON in about 1854? They had 6 children as far as I know, and all ended up in Australia. Any information about Matilda's parentage, siblings and place of birth?

I have that his father was also Robert WALLER and mother Mary Ann TAIT, but any further information about them, birth dates, birth towns, deaths, marriage date/place, other children, would be much appreciated!

Knowledgeable and helpful

Not sure whether you have checked Griffiths Valuation, but if not, I notice there are 7 Waller entries for Cavan. 4 in Killinkere, including a Robert Waller of Cleffin, Killinkere.

Elwyn

Thanks Elwyn, I didn't know about Griffiths Valuation. I found some of the entries... but I still have no idea about any of the other details. Is there anywhere I can find out more online?

Knowledgeable and helpful

I can see Robert’s marriage to Matilda Johnston registered in Bailieborough 1854 Vol 1, page 553. You can order a photocopy of the civil certificate from GRO Roscommon for €4 (euros). https://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Apply...tificates.aspx

You have to download and print off the form. Then either post or fax it back to them. You can’t e-mail your order to them. However if you want them to e-mail the cert to back to you, they will do that, so tick the relevant box.

Tradition was to marry in the bride’s church which should be on the certificate (unless it was a Registry Office marriage). That church may be the place to look for her baptism and that of any siblings.

If you post the details from the certificate here, I'll see if I can advise you where to search next.
    ELWYN

Quote Originally Posted by Elwyn Soutter View Post

If you post the details from the certificate here, I'll see if I can advise you where to search next.
    Thanks so much Elwyn, I've printed the form, so when I get it sent off and hear back, I'll let you know what it says :-)
    Hopefully it won't take 8 years between replies ;-)