Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Hall/Swan

You don't even need to go there!

You can have PLU's if you want them, along with your DED's, Baronies, Civil Parishes, Church Parishes then you'd be trying to compare apples with oranges, with grapefruit with grapes and end up with a nice cocktail of confusion!

It's an electoral division, some of mine living in Monaghan are in Cootehill E.D. Co Cavan...but in a PLU that bears no resemblence to their DED/Parish etc, a PLU is Poor Law Union and bears no resemblence to any county lines etc. They are basically different "red tape" areas marked out by various bodies to suit their needs.

Yours will be found in the parish registers so just stick with Annagh townland in Butlersbridge Parish, what DED they are in won't affect this. You have good info on the church in Annagh on that site, so hopefully they should have records.

I do research for people but mainly in Monaghan and know quite a few people to ask something like this and they would give me a name of someone to ask etc and it's reasonably straight forward and very reasonable, for me to go there and try to check for him for you would be expensive, so you need to try and find him this way. If you can't.. then try and find someone locally who would know who to talk to and there may even be Kellys still there to call on, or post to various boards. I wouldn't know anything like this in your case.

I was in Fermanagh yesterday doing research for someone else, got talking to a woman in the g/yard and her daughter is married to a distant cousin of mine that I didn't even know of!

You can't beat local knowledge and it's much cheaper, often very imformative on their personality etc and not just a date on a piece of paper. Wait and see if you get a reply and if not then there's a very good trick worth trying!

Later....

I have had a reply from a person Called Padriac they have access to the newspaper archives and If I sent a little bit more info he would do a check, so far nothing has come up for an Owen Kelly , but fingers crossed ...... it is certainly worth a try.
    pejay

Thumbs down

Hi, oh dear sad to say no joy - nothing of any note on an Owen Kelly, I suspect he will be forever an enigma!!
    pejay

Hall/Swan

There's nothing in the newspaper. Did he look at church records? Did whoever you paid look in church records? Someone needs to look in church records for where he was born.

Hello, no he didn't look in church records, he had access to newspapers only, the genealogy researchers apparently looked at births for my Grandmother Mary Kelly 1882/83 at the GRO and marriage records for Owen Kelly,possibly about 1873/4. Also found no evidence of any births for Owen in Annagh. [or anywhere else for that matter]. Do you think I should contact Cavan research centre? see if they can suggest anything, I did look at Griffiths valuation and found a Thomas Kelly at Killoughter in Annagh, not sure where this is, some research I looked at said this was the Catholic part of Annagh but I really do notk now and have found nothing for Killoughter. or any further names.
    pejay

Without date of document and/or context the challenge is increased. What I see is Latin (vide reportium; meaning 'see' or refer to (the) report .

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678