Mary S (WA)

Default 1930s address in London

Does anyone by any chance have a Postal Directory for London for the years (1929 - )1934. I think my grandmother Mary Bradley may have lived at 106 King's Cross Rd with her son (my father) William Bradley before her death in 1934. I would appreciate it if anyone could confirm that and any relevant details.
    Thanks Mary S (WA)

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hi Mary S.

A....y has british phone books. If she had a telephone could it have been under her husband's initial? I did have a quick look but no luck yet I'm afraid.

Browneyes

v.wells

No listing in the 1934 PO directory except for a chemist's shop at that address. Best to order death cert to get address of where she lived when she died. There is no listing in BT telephone books either. Was her husband still alive? May be listed under his name.

Mary S (WA)

Default 106 King's Cross Rd

Thanks for the replies.
    Mary Bradley's (my grandmother's) husband died in 1915 during WW1.
    She had moved back to London, England with my father while he was in his teens (I think). They would have been very poor and probably did not have money to waste on a phone. I am sure they were only renting and may well have rented rooms above the Chemist you mentioned. Perhaps my grandmother even worked there. I think there was some talk of her 'nursing' soldiers in some capacity but I think you are right. I will just have to get a copy of the death cert.
    Cheers Mary S