frogfan

Question Circus Member???

My Gran's cousin Queenie Hodge married a man called Jem Holloway in the 1940's. According to my gran he was a member of a circus. Is there anyway of tracing whether this was the case? and if it is any way of finding out more information??

Ta

Jan1954

Hello Frogfan,

Perhaps the marriage certificate would provide a clue to his occupation. However, "the 1940s" could involve looking though an awful lot of pages to find the reference.

Any way of narrowing the year down a bit?

hughar

You may find the list of sources here helpful https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/Occupations.html#Theatre

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi frogfan my name is James Holloway and I am Jem and Queenie Holloways grandson. I can confirm that Jem was definitely not in the circus. Please contact me so that we can discuss more

Growing old Disgracefully

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowayjim View Post
    Hi frogfan my name is James Holloway and I am Jem and Queenie Holloways grandson. I can confirm that Jem was definitely not in the circus. Please contact me so that we can discuss more
    Frogfan hase't been on the group for awile but if someone had given her this info

Marriages Dec 1946

Hodge. Queenie. Holloway Wandsworth. Vol no 5d. Page No 1624
    Holloway. Jem. Hodge Wandsworth. also on the same page

she would of possibley found out, see if you can e-mail her by looking at her profile on here.