Sheena O'Fee

Default help finding grave

Can anyone give me any idea's of how I go about finding out the exact plot my grandfather is buried, I think he was buried in Watten Cemetery, Caithness in 1970 , He may be buried with his wife who died in 1929. I know there is no headstone...any suggestions will be greatly received

thanks
    sofee

Jan1954

Information on many of the graveyards and cemeteries in Caithness is held at the North Highland Archive in Wick.

Their contact details may be found here: https://www.caithness.org/community/m.../nha/index.htm

Try whizzing off an email to them with what you know. They may be able to look up the grave location, or put you in contact with someone else who can.

Mike Fear

i don't know if its the same in your area, but here in Bristol some cemeteries have a full time groundsman & with prior arrangement they will show you the position of the grave if you know the grave number.
    Mike

Sheena O'Fee

Talking thanks

Thanks for the info Mike Fear & Jan1954 I'll try your suggestions thanks again for reply.
    Sofee

sweep627

Default Mike

Just a question are you close to Locksbrook cemetery as I have someone buried there and need for a volunteer to take pictures for me. I would love to do it myself but I am in Canada, let me know and I will send the particulars to anyone who is able to help out.

Thanks

Sweep627

Mike Fear

No sorry I can't help.
    Mike