Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    norfolk white

Question Jacksons of Nether Kellet & Ellell

The earliest Jackson in my line that lived in Nether Kellet, near Carnforth, was John Jackson who was born in Ellel, Cockerham, Lancashire, and christened on 26 March 1786 also at Ellel.

His father, according to the christening records, was also called John Jackson (I do not know his wife's name).

John Jackson junior married Mary (I have no maiden name or mariage date but she came from Nether Kellet). The only details I have for her are from the 1871 CENSUS FOR NETHER KELLET: this shows Mary as being 82 years old (meaning she was born about 1789) and formely a Farmer's Wife, being born in Nether Kellet. It also shows her as living with her son Robert Jackson, aged 56 years, and his wife Dinah, 56 years old, and their children and grandchildren at Windy Arbour, Nether Kellet.

Can anyone help me with either Mary's maiden name, when/where they married or/and anything on John Jackson and his parents, etc?

Thanks

Wirral

In the 1861 census, Mary is again living with her son Robert & his wife Dinah.

In 1851 census: HO107/2273 folio 213 page 17, Channel Head, Nether Kellet, Lancashire.
    John Jackson head M 65 Farmer 12 acres land, Ellel Lancs
    Mary Jackson wife M 62, Kellet Lancs
    John Jackson grandson 16, Kellet Lancs

Also at Channel Head, but living in separate households are 2 ag labs, Robert Lambert & Henry Wilkinson, & their families. Next property but one, in the other direction on the census schedule is Thomas Croft, farmer of 72 acres.
    As John snr was a farmer with land (either owned or as a tenant), there are probably records relating to him. Any records may be at Lancashire County Records Office in Preston, but I would also try contacting Carnforth library as they may have local records.
    You can see the farm if you search for Nether Kellet on
    https://uk8.multimap.com/ and zoom in. It is just to the SW of the village centre. You can look at an aerial view & see the buildings.
    Last edited by Wirral; 23-01-2006 at 9:18 PM. Reason: Map info

norfolk white

Thumbs up

Wirral,

Thanks for your help, very usefull.

Regards,

Ivor

Wirral

Did you see your ancestors waving in the aerial photo?

Geoffers

1841 census, the Jacksons appear on HO107/1811 f8 p9 at Nether Kellet.
    There's John, 50, farmer - Mary, 60 - John, 3 - James MARSHALL, 10 - Isabellah JACKSON, 80, pauper. all bn Lancashire. Interesting to speculate if Isabellah is John's mother?

Geoffers

norfolk white

Thumbs up

Geoffers,

Thanks for the 1841 census info. I agree, Isabellah could be John's mother, something for me to try and find out.

Thanks, again.

Ivor

elaineains

Hi again

Most of the parish records for Bolton-le-Sands parish are on the web site

Although it doesn't immediately help with tracing the Jacksons any further back, at least it it eliminates Bolton-le-Sands from the search.

Elaine
    Last edited by Guest; 12-10-2007 at 3:21 PM.

it_is_I_Leclerc

Hi
    Just joined the site and was trawling through looking for any connections with my tree on the boards, and came across your enquiry, I know it's a couple of years ago but, having gone through most of the PR's for north lanc's for my lot I came across this entry which may or may not help you. I may already have the info if so just disregard if not maybe there is some help.

Marriage: 22 Apr 1811 Holy Trinity, Bolton Le Sands, Lancashire, England
    John Jackson - Husbandman of Of this Parish
    Mary Johnson - Spinster of Of this Parish
    Witness: Margaret Proctor; Robt. Wilkinson
    Banns Read: 7th, 2nd: 14th, 3rd: 21st Apr 1811
    Married by Publication of Banns by: Jas.Taylor Curate
    Register: Marriages 1754 - 1812, Page 95, Entry 379
    Source: Film 1849647

Regards

L

norfolk white

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by it_is_I_Leclerc View Post
    Hi
    Just joined the site and was trawling through looking for any connections with my tree on the boards, and came across your enquiry, I know it's a couple of years ago but, having gone through most of the PR's for north lanc's for my lot I came across this entry which may or may not help you. I may already have the info if so just disregard if not maybe there is some help.

Marriage: 22 Apr 1811 Holy Trinity, Bolton Le Sands, Lancashire, England
    John Jackson - Husbandman of Of this Parish
    Mary Johnson - Spinster of Of this Parish
    Witness: Margaret Proctor; Robt. Wilkinson
    Banns Read: 7th, 2nd: 14th, 3rd: 21st Apr 1811
    Married by Publication of Banns by: Jas.Taylor Curate
    Register: Marriages 1754 - 1812, Page 95, Entry 379

Regards

L

Thanks L for this I have had this info in the past but then mislaid it, so thanks again

norfolk white

Thumbs up

I am stuck on three lines of mine so if ever you do get time to have a look, I'd appreciate it if you could look for Anne Spareling born about 1712 at Beaumont Cote, Bolton-le-Sands, (her father's name was Richard - no dates etc. and I don't have her mother's name), no other details regarding her. She married John Johnson who was born about 1712 at Lower Kellet. Their marriage details are as follows:

Marriage: 25 Nov 1735 Holy Trinity, Bolton Le Sands, Lancashire, England
    John Johnson - of Rishton House in the parish of Bolton
    Anne Sparleing - of Rishton House in the parish of Bolton
    Married by licence
    Register: Marriages 1653 - 1736, P 22, No 14
    Witness was Charles Lambert
    (John was a stone mason in 1735)

I have no further details of John or his parents, siblings, etc.

Ann Walker born about 1743 at Nether Kellet, she died in 1834 at NK and was buried 10 November 1834 at Holy Trinity Church, Bolton-Le-Sands. She had married Issac Johnson (son of John Johnson and Anne Sparleing) on 18 December 1766 at Holy Trinity Church, Bolton-Le-Sands. I have no other details of Ann, her parents or siblings.

Thanks for your assistance but if you don't get the time or cannot find anything more, then don't worry.

Ivor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast