View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the WDYTYA event?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would visit the WDYTYA Fair again

7 33.33%
  • I would NOT visit the WDYTYA Fair again

9 42.86%
  • I considered the Fair good value for money

3 14.29%
  • I did not consider the Fair good value for money

9 42.86%
  • I think the change of date to February is a good idea

4 19.05%
  • I would prefer WDYTYA to remain on May Day Bank Holiday weekend

8 38.10%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Opinion Poll on WDYTYA

Bo Peep has asked me to set up an opinion poll on the Who Do You Think You Are? event in London, which next year has been moved to February 27th, 28th and 01st. March.

Please vote three times, once for each pair of questions. The poll will close 23rd. May.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Guy Etchells

Pretty inconclusive so far more votes are needed.
    Cheers
    Guy

hughar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Etchells View Post
    Pretty inconclusive so far more votes are needed.
    Cheers
    Guy
    Since the poll is only relevant to people who attended WDYTYA, it begs the question of how many Forum members actually went there this year.

Jan1954

Ah! But there are also people who attended WDYTYA and have become forum members since plus those who are lurking in the shadows as guests and who may still become members

hughar

Quote Originally Posted by Jan1954 View Post
    Ah! But there are also people who attended WDYTYA and have become forum members since plus those who are lurking in the shadows as guests and who may still become members
    Agreed, but even when you add those few extras the question 'How many Forum members attended WDYTYA?' is still valid.

Incidentally, Dick Eastman reported the total attendance as 15,000+. Has anyone seen a more accurate figure. And I wonder what percentage that is of the people in the UK who are actively researching their family history?

Copper

I did not go to this event. The train fare would be expensive (I get very travel sick on coaches).

As I live on the south coast of England I wonder how much time I would actually have to wander around the stalls once I got there.

Clive Blackaby

I didn't go this year, but having heard coverage on Radio 4, would consider it next year!!

djd1999

I didn't go this time, and am unlikely to in future because it is held in London. I would be more likely to attend if it was to be held in a more central location.

Mutley

I travelled from Portugal for the event. I do not regret doing so. I met some lovely people (special mention to the British-Genealogy stand ). I was able to put faces to many names.

I bumped into the lady that I lived next door to (for over twenty years) when I lived in the UK.

My daughter met some people on a stand that knew her old school teachers and some friends and was able to catch up on gossip from 15 years ago.

The buzz and general feeling during the exhibition was wonderful. A peculiar feeling, I was almost expecting to find a long gone relative lurking somewhere.

However, none of the questions that I went armed with were answered. I did not learn anything I did not already know. I felt on some stands I knew more than the so called experts though I am a beginner.

As in all things - good and bad....

Mutley

At the moment, sadly, only 12 people have voted.
    Question 1 has 4 would not visit again and 6 would = 10
    Question 2 has 3 for good value and 7 not good = 10
    Question 3 has 2 wishing to change date and 7 not = 9

Are some people not voting 3 times, one for each question or is my maths not correct?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast