Loves to help with queries

Default Help persuing marriage or death index - post 1901

The 1901 England Census (Class: RG13; Piece: 3116; Folio: 8; Page: 8) shows Minnie Richards and her mother Sarah Jane Richards (formerly Paulger) at the residence of Joseph Paulger (Grandfather to Minnie) in Corringham, Lincolnshire. Her father Matthew was in South Africa in the Army at this time. Her elder sister was staying with her father's parents Henry and Ellen Richards (formerly Bayes) in Scotter, Lincolnshire.

I can find a birth index for Minnie and have obtained her birth certificate. She was born at 8 Hawksworth Street, Gainsborough, on 27 June 1898, but I can't find either a marriage or a death registered after 1901.

Can anyone help persuing this one?

Jan1954

Oh Eviand!

FreeBMD alone has 25 marriages for Minnie Richards just between the years of 1919 and 1927!

None of them were in Lincolnshire but, it may well be that Minnie was not in the county because of work. My gran was born 1894 in Redhill, Surrey - her first marriage was in Lambeth and her second in Hertfordshire.

Have you any furher clues to her later life that could point us in a vague direction?

Thanks,

Question Minnie Richards - Possibly Yorkshire?

On a MILITARY HISTORY SHEET relating to Matthew Richards, Minnie's father gives Frances Ellen as next of kin with Sister Dinah Coldwell, both resident 71 Victoria Street, Batley Carr, Batley. I think the time frame looks to have been September 1914 to July 1916. No mention of Minnie there, however on their father's army discharge (pension) form, it shows that he had two children by 6 Dec 1916 and his address then as The globe Inn, Waterside, Lincoln. They may not of course be the same two that I know.

Their mother Sarah Jane Paulger died on 22 June 1907 at 14 Barrack Road, Leeds from Pneumonia and Cardiac failure aged 36 years. Again no mention of either Minnie or her sister.

Sister Frances Ellen married Nelson Ellis in Q2 1927 in Dewsbury. I have just sent away for this certificate. Hopefully this is the correct certificate and maybe this will give more clues to Minnie and her father's later where abouts.

Not a great deal more relating to Minnie I'm afraid.

Default Frances Ellen Richards

Just got confirmation that the Frances Ellen Richards which I thought married Nelson Ellis in 1927 is not my Frances Ellen. Her Father is not named as Matthew Richards. So no further forward on this one.