Thread: Coopers

Smile Coopers

Looking for George Gilbert Hinkley Cooper. Born abt 1819 in Chatham, Kent. By 1871 he is living in Darlington, County Durham. George married Eliza but I dont know whether this was in Kent or County Durham although I assume County Durham as this is where Eliza was born. I suspect he went to Durham before 1852 as his eldest Son George William Hinkley Cooper was born in County Durham in about 1854. Does the name George Gilbert Hinkley Cooper feature in anybodies family tree. Any help would be appreciated.

phenders

Default 10 years later

Hello,

I know quite a bit about the Coopers and am researching the Hinkleys right now, but as this is a decade old posting, I'll just ask that you reply if you are still interested (or have information about either family).

Eric

Hallo Eric, and a warm welcome to British Genealogy. As you say, it is a ten year old thread, and Linda hasn't visited the forum for a number of years, but if she hasn't changed her e-mail then you post may trigger an e-mail alert to her.

In the meantime do have a good look round the rest of the forum.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

strawberrymivvy

Hello Eric

Whereabouts in BC are you, I'm in Port Moody...

I have no connection to the Hinkleys that I know of, but my paternal grandmother was a Co Durham Cooper, so would be interested to see if we have any connection to each other.

My grandmother was Elizabeth Cooper, born 1913 to John Cooper MBE (b1887) and Sarah Catherine Roland Wilson Turnbull. John's father was James, born about 1857. They seem to be primarily mining stock, from the Leadgate/Lanchester/Langley Park areas, though I believe that originally they came over from Ireland.

Julie