Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Tinker

Paula, my dad tells me my brother is now the keeper of my grandfather's 'wartime' albums, so I've asked him if he could see what there is in them, when he gets a chance. My dad thinks there may have been a photo of 237 Squadron with everybody's name on, in one of the albums, but he's not 100% sure. I'll let you know if my brother comes to light with anything.

Archivist_47

Default Rhodesia

Quote Originally Posted by Jenjen View Post
    My father spent most of early WW2 in Rhodesia where they were training pilots. I have his wonderful photograph album with many photos of the people who were there. Is there anyone else out there with similar. Would love to hear from you if your father was there too.
    Jen
    Hi Jen,

I've tracked down the photos and will scan them for you soon.

Best regards,

Archivist

phgm

Hi Tinker, thanks so much and I appreciate your time. Hopefully the photo will come to light. Regards Paula

phgm

Yes I have a few photos of the 237 Squadron, but would love to see more! My email is paula_ [email protected] looking forward to hearing from you. Regards
    Paula

dave47

Hello Jen and all other Cranbourne's,
    Just a quick snippet that you may find interesting. The best man at my parents wedding was Jack Slipper, he spent time with RATG in Cranbourne (ground crew) and later became head of Scotland Yard and famous for apprehending the great train robber Biggs, somewhere in the photo's you may see his piocture.

SkydiveZimbabwe

I actually work at Norton in Zimbabwe. The old Air Base is now Dudley Hall School. Although the airstrip is still marked on aeronautical maps "Norton 5017' 1000m" all that remains is the NDB November Zulu. We are petitioning to have an airfield re-established a short distance from the school. If you have any aerial photos of the base it would be lovely to see them.

SimonP

Quote Originally Posted by Jenjen View Post
    My father spent most of early WW2 in Rhodesia where they were training pilots. I have his wonderful photograph album with many photos of the people who were there. Is there anyone else out there with similar. Would love to hear from you if your father was there too.
    Jen
    My father was a pilot in WW2 training pilots in Rhodesia and also have a few photo's of him and groups. Wondered if we could exchange? Simon

tralyn70

Hi,
    My grandad was in 237 squadron during ww2. I don't know much about where he was stationed apart from North Africa, South Africa & Cyprus. I would love to hear from anyone who could give me some info & or pictures.
    Thanks
    Tracy
    Last edited by tralyn70; 14-10-2012 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Additional info

vulcanxm603

Quote Originally Posted by SkydiveZimbabwe View Post
    I actually work at Norton in Zimbabwe. The old Air Base is now Dudley Hall School. Although the airstrip is still marked on aeronautical maps "Norton 5017' 1000m" all that remains is the NDB November Zulu. We are petitioning to have an airfield re-established a short distance from the school. If you have any aerial photos of the base it would be lovely to see them.
    I have a copy of a 1944 aerial photo of old RAF Norton.

penny59

hi all i know is that my dad was staioned out there in 1950 for 4 years, my brother was born out there, he was a mechanic on the vehicles, i was trying to get pictures for an album i was doing him for his 80th birthday as he often talks about it,

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast