Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    hazeleigh

Default titanicfan

re your recent posting about jack frodshams motor cycle shop our local libary knows nothing about Warrington libary instant messaging please contact me,,,to the best of my knowledge the White Star offices still exist outside Southampton Eastern dock Gate I will probable go to Southampton Archives next week post me if you require any imfo,,,,Hazeleigh,,,

Titanicfan

Hi Hazeleigh, on the Warrington Library website you can post questions live to the librarian online.

barnabus

Default Titanic family thread

Quote Originally Posted by SharonB View Post
    Hi there,
    Does anyone out there have any information on my husbands relative Philip Eddowes Curry who was born in Birkenhead in 1861 and died in Southampton in 1933. He was the manager of the WHITE STAR LINE in Southampton and was in charge of the TITANIC and OLYMPIC ships.
    He is mentioned in some books about the Titanic but I would love to have more personal info about the man and his family and there must be a photo of him somewhere.
    Thanks,
    Sharon
    Well in simple terms Philip could be a relation (so that might make your husband a relative!)

My name is Simon Curry - Eddowes & Talcott are family realive surnames names that were adopted as middle names, amusingly two brothers have Eddowes as a middle name, and I do know members of the family worked for or were directors of White Star.

I will try and find the family tree and see if we can identify a link, I do beleive my great Uncle (another Phil Curry) was working in the New York office at the time of the disaster - I think was my fathers uncle but died in Canada in the 60s

Simon

barnabus

A quick search more information

https://www.surreycommunity.info/effi...fww2mem-curry/

This is a link that gives you all the info - and if your husband is realted....

If you read the article Peter Curry & Jean Curry were my parents and I was christed in the church

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12