Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mutley

I was just there a few days ago, electronically that is!
    Is, as far as I get anywhere, these days.

v.wells

No record at the Army/Navy Club. Will try the Co-operative Stores next.

v.wells

An update: John Henry b cert wrong but Henry cert is right. 1911 Found eldest brother John and wife Mary in Croydon with their son James Henry, sister Bridget and brother James. Bridget went onto become a nun and James died on the Good Hope. Harry must have been in the armed forces by then, but have not found a record yet. All I know is that he was still unmarried in 1935 when he was last seen. I have also been unable to find a death record and will give it another look in the indexes (ones' eyes tend to get blurry after a while!)

Marie C..

I am looking for the death V but A... is sooooo slow loading. He would be too old for 2nd world war. Probably died London? yes? M

v.wells

Haven't been on A* yet Marie, but I doubt he would have been recalled to service. Will look for deaths and possible immigration, but my grandmother would have/should have known whether or not he left the country. It is very odd this whole family!

v.wells

So far:
    Henry Walsh b 1889 Plaistow, West Ham, Essex vol 4a p 125 1Q

1891 census
    With parents at 17 St. Martins Rd, Dartford age 2

1901 census - nowhere to be found nor mother Mary b Ireland 1860 or sister Winifred b 1891.

1911 in the field in India, Essex Regt Pte 5998062 and discharged from service 1926 (from medal rolls) and don't know when he enlisted.

1935 Last sghted at Victoria St, London Army/Navy Club as a cook.

Checked all incoming passenger lists in Canada and Britain and only found 1 in 1945 with "wife Clara, daughter Joan" - NOT the right one as that Henry Walsh is Harold Walsh married in 1932 to Clara Atkinson.

Could he be one of the "Male Unknown's" listed in the GRO indexes. I have not been able to find a single death entry that remotely comes close!

He was known as Harry and had no middle initial (I have bc) so what happened to him?

Another alien kidnapping!

Mutley

It is possible (at 45 + years old) he could have gone somewhere that did not record the travel journey. Ireland for example. I don't know about places like Guernsey, Gibraltar, Jersey or similar.

There would not be a census reference after 1911 so you would be searching for a death in a place not covered by the BMD indexes.

Needle in haystack comes to mind. Sorry

v.wells

I even checked Ireland bmd's but they only go up to 35ish. Thanks Mutley - It is indeed a mystery

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12