Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Richard1955

Default PUMPHREY

I have lots of info on PUMPHREY family members that used the canals between Tewkesbury and Staffordshire. Don't know why they did or anything about the boats if anyone can help.

Staffs Boaties

I don't know anything about the Tewkesbury canal I'm afraid. Mine worked on the Shropshire Union and Cheshire canals. Have you tried the National Waterways Museum or Canal Junction?

ann.pitts

Default boat mary

my grandfather william flatley 1863 lowhill kidderminster .he was on boat mary in cannock canal basin in 1901,does anyone recognise the boat name either being owned by a s.u r.c.c o or privately owned.
    i am still looking for records of williams life on the canals
    ann

allyj50

Quote Originally Posted by Staffs Boaties View Post
    I don't know anything about the Tewkesbury canal I'm afraid. Mine worked on the Shropshire Union and Cheshire canals. Have you tried the National Waterways Museum or Canal Junction?
    Do you mean the boat museum at ellesmere port? Would I be able to find out who owned a boat that my husband's uncle worked on? If not there, where might I find a register for such a thing?

Ally x

thedogs

Default canal boat "suffolk"

hi all, what i have about the the canal-boat SUFFOLK is on the 1891 census it was in SALFORD with a crew of JAMES TAYLOR head age 42 as master of barge born tipton staffs, wife HANNAH TAYLOR age 41 born bratch staffs and ISABELLA TAYLOR age 14 born runcorn, as was the barge registered at runcorn. if you have any info on this family please contact me bob

Staffs Boaties

Quote Originally Posted by allyj50 View Post
    Do you mean the boat museum at ellesmere port? Would I be able to find out who owned a boat that my husband's uncle worked on? If not there, where might I find a register for such a thing?

Ally x
    The boat museum at ellesmere port is probably the best place as they were able to give me information which was not available on the internet

Staffs Boaties

Quote Originally Posted by thedogs View Post
    hi all, what i have about the the canal-boat SUFFOLK is on the 1891 census it was in SALFORD with a crew of JAMES TAYLOR head age 42 as master of barge born tipton staffs, wife HANNAH TAYLOR age 41 born bratch staffs and ISABELLA TAYLOR age 14 born runcorn, as was the barge registered at runcorn. if you have any info on this family please contact me bob
    Hi, I don't have anything on the Taylors. The narrowboat Suffolk was in Runcorn between 31st March - 17th April 1882. I believe it was a S.U.R.C.Co owned boat

LSin3

Hi,
    I have'nt veiwed this site for a while, I hope you are still interested in JUKES and EARPS. I have a marriage cert. for Emma Earp b.c. 1827 Staffs, Dau.of Thomas Earp (boatman) marrying William Jukes b.c.1827 Staffs (boatman),Son of John Jukes (boatman). Marr. took place 3/9/1848, Parish church, Sedgley. Their daughter, Selina b.27/2/1849, Tipton married Thomas Pope b.1846, Manchester (boatman). They married 1/5/1865, Parish church Manchester.
    Thomas Pope was part of a large family of boatmen from Cheshire that had settled in Manchester in early 1800's. They appear to have all worked for coal companies either as boatmen or carters. Best wishes, Lillian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12