Bunny

Question Parents for George Clark

George & Thomas Clark addmitted to Bancroft Road workhouse school on
    23rd April 1878.As far as is known both were born in Poplar Thomas 1868 and
    George 1870.Can you help with parish registers to see if a common parent can be found.Marriage cert. for George does not give a father.George was a shoemaker apprentice in 1891,and continued his trade untill he died.it is a pity that so many of the records for the Mile End workhouse are missing.According to the Creed Register for the workhouse ,there place of setlement is given as"M.E.O.T"and both were C of E .

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    George & Thomas Clark addmitted to Bancroft Road workhouse school on
    23rd April 1878.As far as is known both were born in Poplar Thomas 1868 and
    George 1870.Can you help with parish registers to see if a common parent can be found.Marriage cert. for George does not give a father.George was a shoemaker apprentice in 1891,and continued his trade untill he died.it is a pity that so many of the records for the Mile End workhouse are missing.According to the Creed Register for the workhouse ,there place of setlement is given as"M.E.O.T"and both were C of E .

Bunny, if you're still out there, it helps to get people's attention if you're a bit more informative about places. Not eveyone would know whee Poplar is - I had to look it up!
    I'm moving this to the Middlesex forum to see if it has more luck there.
    Lesley

eleanor bristow

Default Parents for george clark

M.E.O.T means Mile End Old Town that is where Bancroft road is.

Bunny

Default George Clark family from 1870

As one can see George appears not to have had any parents,However I have been told that he had four brothers,These would all have been born in London either Poplar or Mile End,It has been sugested that they were all brought up by Dr Barnardo's,so far I have not found a connection.One person's family I would like to find is one of his sons, Arthur Burt Clarke born 1901.Arther spet most of his life in the R.A.M.C finishing up in the rank of Captain,now we know he had five sons,some of which could still be alive,they are Alfred J 1924, Alfred C 1927 John 1930, Robert 1940, and Percival W 1929 who married Barbera Bird.It would be great if one of you read this script and cotacted me.
    Bunny

R A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    As one can see George appears not to have had any parents,However I have been told that he had four brothers,These would all have been born in London either Poplar or Mile End,It has been sugested that they were all brought up by Dr Barnardo's,so far I have not found a connection.One person's family I would like to find is one of his sons, Arthur Burt Clarke born 1901.Arther spet most of his life in the R.A.M.C finishing up in the rank of Captain,now we know he had five sons,some of which could still be alive,they are Alfred J 1924, Alfred C 1927 John 1930, Robert 1940, and Percival W 1929 who married Barbera Bird.It would be great if one of you read this script and cotacted me.
    Bunny
    If you do not have birth certificate for Arthur Clarke there is a reference for a birth in July/August/September quarter 1901 reference 1c 566

Bunny

Default Arthur Burt Clarke

Thank you for looking for Arthur,we do have his Birth,Marriage & Death certificates,our main concern are his children.

Bunny