zumblie

Default CROWDERs from Mitcham/Wandsworth area

Please can anyone help. I am looking for the marriage information of an Anthony Crowder to Elizabeth -parents of Sarah Crowder b 1796 and Eliza Crowder ba 1811 [both daughters born in Mitcham]. Also looking for a record of Anthony Crowder's birth around 1770 in the Mitcham/Wandsworth area.

birdlip

Hi there,

IGI Family search has your Sarah 1796, but has another Eliza bap 5 Dec 1802 Mitcham, parents Anthony Crowder and Elizabeth. Also George Crowder bap 13 Oct 1771, father William Crowder; a possible brother for Anthony.

I can't find a marriage for Anthony, but familyhistoryonline ( National Burial Index W Surrey FHS) has a burial record for an Anthony Crowder, 18 Oct 1826, age 66 Mitcham St Peter and St Paul. I think this is very likely to be him, which is helpful, because it gives you a more accurate estimate of his birth date; c 1760, rather than 1770 as you thought.

regards, birdlip

birdlip

Have you managed to find the family in 1841? I'd have a look myself, but don't have a sub at the moment.

This looks like Elizabeths death on freebmd; Elizabeth Crowder Sep 1841 Croydon 4 58

zumblie

Smile Crowders of Mitcham

Thanks you so much for your help. Sorry it has taken some time to get on this site to read your messages but been rather busy.
    Your date for Anthony's burial looks right - thank you very much for that. Will investigate possible brother George and father William.
    Not sure about the BMD death for Elizabeth Crowder in Croyden in Sep 1841. Had a quick look on 1841 Census and I found only one Elizabeth Crowder ba 1835 living in Croyden. No Elizabeth Crowder of about the right age for Anthony's wife listed anywhere in Surrey.
    Thanks again for your help - much appreciated

birdlip

You're very welcome. Good luck with your search.