Thread: Dickins/George

jacksone

Default Dickins/George

Has anyone got any info on Samuel George 1808 Keysoe and Prudance Dickins 1811 pos Keysoe or maybe Risely
    I know they were married in Keysoe Mar 29 1830 .I see there are plenty of both families in Keysoe but can not make a link backwards.I have all there desendents.

JPBeds

Good morning; I have both Keysoe & Riseley PR transcripts up to 1812 & can find neither Samuel George or Prudence Dickens. However they may be late baptisms after 1812 that are only available at Beds Archives. I would like to see the marriage entry to see if Prudence is spinster or widow; as she may have been Prudence Wise baptised at Riseley on 27 May 1810 - but as yet have not found a marriage for her to anyone let alone a Dickins.

As to Samuel George; I thought he may be sone of Samuel George & Susannah Hall who married at Keysoe on 15 July 1805; who had an entry in the Poor Law records dated 15 Jan 1817 saying Samuel George, Susannah his wife, and their children Elizabeth (aged 7), John (5), Stephen (3), and Samuel (6 months), removed from Eaton Socon back to Keysoe; but then you wouldn't have 2 sons named Samuel.

An entry on the Muster Lists dated 14 April 1827 has a 19 year old Samuel George being a substitute for Thomas Polhill at Rewnhold.

Another entry for 1803 at Keysoe has Samuel George, servant class 1 volunteer, unmarried. (He could be the one who married Susannah Hall)

Regards John

jacksone

Thanks John i will ring the records office tomorrow see what i can organise
    Prudance was a spinster of the parish of Keysoe I have the mariage cert
    the wittnesses were Edward and Rebeca Ruff

JPBeds

I found this topic on another board & it mentions Prudence Dickens being daughter of Isaac & Sarah.....

boards.ancestry.co.uk/surnames.dickens/412/mb.ashx?pnt=1 (put https:// in front)
    Last edited by Jan1954; 03-11-2010 at 6:40 AM. Reason: Link to Ancestry removed - please read the AUP

jacksone

Thats the info i needed it was a most intersting read
    Thanks again.RichardJ