John HUMPHREYS was born on February 21, 1831 in Derlwyn, Ganllwyd, Llanddwywe Uwch y Graig, MER and christened on May 27, 1831 in Capel Penystryd Congregationalist chapel Trawsfynydd. He was the son of Griffith Humphrey (1786- ) and Ann Morris (1793-1871+), both of Trawsfynydd.

He worked as a copper miner until he was blinded in an accident in the mines.

He married twice. His first wife was named Sarah (Williams or Rees), they married in 1858 in Dolgellau and had at least two Children (probably more) Sarah Humphreys who was born in and 1858 and Ann Humphreys who was born in 1864.

Sarah died in 1865 and John married for a second time soon afterwards to my great great grandmother Jane WILLIAMS on October 22, 1865 in the Registry Office, Dolgellau.

John Humphreys and Jane Williams had five children:

Griffith HUMPHREYS (1868-1939) my great grandfather, who lived in Dolgellau MER.
Elizabeth HUMPHREYS who was born in 1871 in Ganllwyd, MER
John HUMPHREYS who was born in 1874 in Ganllwyd, MER and died in France 1915 in the First World War
Evan HUMPHREYS who was born in 1876 in Ganllwyd, MER and moved to Llanwonno, GLA to work in the mines
Hugh Thomas HUMPHREYS was born in 1881 in Dolgellau, MER and who died in Iraq in 1918 during the First World War

I would be pleased to exchange information with anybody who has or thinks that they might have connections to this family