Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    melsibob

Default Walter Carter

you should have received it in your email address that you gave me

SUSSEXDER

Sorry mel. A----y will not let me receive Census copy. have to try another way. If you e-mail me,after you have scanned, and send by Attach. That should do it. I hope.
    SUSSEXDER. PS thanks for the Death, it looks promiseing.

melsibob

Default Walter Carter

I have sent it to you as a jpeg - hope it will open!

SUSSEXDER

Quote Originally Posted by melsibob View Post
    I have sent it to you as a jpeg - hope it will open!
    I will try it, and get back to you, Thanks Mel.
    SUSSEXDER.
    Where did you send the jpeg to.Theres nothing come through on Attach, or e-mail.
    SUSSEXDER.

SUSSEXDER

It worked. Well done, mel. I will look at it properly now, and see if some dates tally up. Thank you so much, for all the effort you have put in to this. May come back to later, if thats ok.
    SUSSEXDER.

melsibob

Default Walter Carter

If you look up Peter Walter Carter birth record - it will provide you with his mother's maiden name - this may confirm the detail I gae you earlier about Walter's marriage.

Let me know if you need further help.

SUSSEXDER

Sorry mel, this one does not look the right one. Can we try the other one, in hull 1897.
    Walter was born in Hull, not Lincolnshire,as on your Census form. The one I am looking for lived in Victoria Terrace Hull.(Just found that out through a
    family member, who at about 14-15ys old use to visit him with family for holidays.
    SUSSEXDER.
    Last edited by SUSSEXDER; 23-02-2008 at 3:24 PM. Reason: Missed out info. SUSSEXDER.

melsibob

Default Walter Carter

If you follow the line for Walter aged 7 on the 1901 census it says he was born in Hull - the family were living in Lincolnshire at the time of the census. There was a lot of movement - and still is - between Hull and Grimsby. I will send you a copy of the 1897 one in any case.

SUSSEXDER

Quote Originally Posted by melsibob View Post
    If you follow the line for Walter aged 7 on the 1901 census it says he was born in Hull - the family were living in Lincolnshire at the time of the census. There was a lot of movement - and still is - between Hull and Grimsby. I will send you a copy of the 1897 one in any case.
    Thanks mel, I,ll have another look.
    SUSSEXDER.
    Last edited by SUSSEXDER; 23-02-2008 at 4:02 PM. Reason: Spelling DER,

SUSSEXDER

Quote Originally Posted by SUSSEXDER View Post
    Thanks mel, I,ll have another look.
    SUSSEXDER.
    Mel, you were correct. Thank you for all your help. I can now make Mother in-law very happy,and that pleases me no end. Brilliant on your part too. You did a great job,in a very small space of time.

Best wishes
    SUSSEXDER.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast