lcaswell

Question Mosley Common Mine

Both my grandparents worked at this mine, along with other relatives. Does anyone know if there is website that lists employees of the mine? I found a website that explains the history of the mine, although no employee particulars.

Lea

SBSFamilyhistory

sorry lea...

more information please XXX

lcaswell

Question Mosley Common Mine Lancashire

Mosley Common Mine was located in the Lancashire county and employed over 2,000 by 1919, and became part of the Manchester Collieries in 1929, before being taken over by the National Coal Board in 1947. By the late 1950s, the colliery employed 3,000, and was among the largest and most modern pits in the country.
    My family lived in the lancashire area and many worked in the pits

Interested Surnames are
    Caswell
    Baxter
    Barker
    Blakemore

I am trying to trace which male family members actually worked in the pits, whereas the women worked in the mills. Do you know if there is a register which outlines who worked at the pits.

Lea

charltonovL/H

Default mosley common mine

hi am a new member, my late grandad was a employee at the mosley common mine until he was made redundant in the 60's, am told he cheated death a few times in the pit!. his name was fred charlton ov little hulton who was born in 1905 died in 1982. im interested in finding any info on ex employees ov the mine or any stories!