maufleury

Default Disappeared!! Archibald Winsor!!!

My grandfather, Archibald Alfred Richard Winsor was born in 1888 in Mutford, Suffolk. I have his birth certificate which I was able to order because I easily found him on the 1891 UK census. HOWEVER, I have searched and searched and searched for him on the 1901 UK census for years and absolutely cannot find him! Since his birthday was in July, 1888, he should have been 12 years old, coming 13 in 1901. His father was William James Winsor and his mother, Mary Ann Veale. Mary Ann Veale died in 1890 and William remarried to a Jane (I forget her maiden name but have it somewhere). At the time of the 1891 census, Archibald was living in Newton-Abbot Devon. I am continuing to search for him with no luck. Somehow I doubt if he would have emigrated to USA or Canada at that young age but I think I will pursue that for now. If anyone can help me find him on the 1901 UK census, I would be THRILLED!

johndavies125

hi Maufluery

Ithink your census for 1891 is wrong i have emailed you a 1891 census for your Archibald Winsor .As you can see he is in highweek devon .

Geoffers

There are two entries on the BT passenger lists, both refer to 9yr old Archd WINDSOR; perhaps he was ill and had to go on a later sailing?

Ticket 1733, on the Tunisian, departing Liverpool 19 Jul 1900 for Montreal.

Ticket 1876, on the Tunisian, deprating Liverpool 27 Sep 1900, for Quebec.

It might not be your chap, I'm afraid it's down to your interpretation and further investigation