Mutley

Default Bedfordshire Library

I have just received this email from Bedfordshire Library. As one who resides outside the UK it was the only access I had to the Times Online. I will miss it......

"Unfortunately we have to inform you that from Monday 4th February you will no longer be able to access The Times Digital Archive, InfoTrac Newspapers Magazines and Journals and the Gale Virtual Reference Library. This is because it has been brought to our attention that we were in breach of our licensing agreement with Cengage, the supplier.

If you are able to visit a Bedfordshire library you can upgrade your membership, collect a library card and regain access to all the above resources. Find your nearest Bedfordshire Library here:
    https://www.galaxy.bedfordshire.gov.uk/cgi-bin/vlib.sh?enqtype=OURLIBS

If you are unable to visit a Bedfordshire Library you can still access the following online resources:
    - Encyclopaedia Britannica
    - Credo Reference - Over 150 online reference books, including a crossword solver
    - Oxford English Dictionary
    - Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
    - Oxford Reference Books
    - Marketline - Business information
    - Learning Topics - Online IT tutorials

My apologies again for the reduction to this service. If you would like to comment on this please reply to this e-mail and we will forward your response to Cengage."

Jan1954

What a bummer!

Oh well, it looks like I shall have to trundle up the A5 into the next county...

No help to you Mutley, in the sunny Algarve, of course. I hope that you have responded in strong terms

Mutley

I am gonna try and send em

He says it much better than I could ever do....

Sunpat

Default Oh no

Mutley, I didn't notice your post before but I'd like to say "what a great pity" and add my to the chorus.
    Sunpat

It still works for me!
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Mutley

But not for me anymore

Seemingly, made no impression, neither did

Guess I'll continue to

Edit. Should say, it is just The Times Online that does not work.
    Last edited by Mutley; 11-02-2008 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Added Edit