Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

John,
    Thanks for your reply. I have done some more research. You are correct...Sheneyn should be Siencyn. Siencyn Penhydd is Jenkin Thomas, who can be found in the Welsh Biography Online. His father is Thomas Rees of Penhydd. I believe Thomas' brother, David married Gwenllian Williams, William Williams' sister but I have yet to find the parish records to confirm. I did see a family tree on Ancestry of the Thomas Rees line.
    Do you know the name of the sister, who is named in the biography by Gomer Morgan Roberts?

Pete

John Nicholas

Quote Originally Posted by smee View Post
    John,

Do you know the name of the sister, who is named in the biography by Gomer Morgan Roberts?

Pete
    Pete,
    The only sister of WW mentioned in the family tree in the Roberts biography is Mary, whom you had already mentioned. My understanding of Welsh isn't up to scouring the text of the book to look for any other names, but the absence of names in the family tree suggests to me that they aren't known. And if a biographer can't identify them, perhaps that says something about the availability or otherwise of the information?

Anyway, best of luck!

John

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I have a copy of a family tree given to me 20 years ago at Pantycelyn. It is detailed , hand written and come down from 1656 to 1982. Not sure how I can share it. I am new to this site.

John Nicholas

Quote Originally Posted by Righton View Post
    I have a copy of a family tree given to me 20 years ago at Pantycelyn. It is detailed , hand written and come down from 1656 to 1982. Not sure how I can share it. I am new to this site.
    Hello Righton and welcome,

First of all, are you happy that the chart you have can be copied and shared, free of copyright? If so, have you the means to scan it or photograph it? If the latter, I find daylight usually better than flash, because you can get unreadable bits of over-illumination with flash sometimes. When you have an electronic image, look for the icon at the top of the message box which offers "Insert Image", and follow that.

Good luck,
    John

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default William Williams

undefined
    Hope this works. I have overlapped the pages as my copy is on 1 large sheet. Hope you can read it all. The writing is incredibly small. Anyway good luck . I too have an obit of David MORRIS b 1832 Llandefaelog Carm who claims to be a descendant of Wm Williams.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Jen,
    just noticed your message....about William Williams Pantycelyn.....my story so far.....I'm in Australia, Tasmania.....and my grandfather, William Kenneth Williams is believed to be related to William Williams...he went to Wales back in the 1960s.....and wrote a few things down that relate to the Hymn writer....he also believed he was related to Reverend Thomas Williams who built the Bethesda'r fro Chapel in 1806....I believe that Thomas Williams falls down the line on on my 4th gen. grandmother's side (Elizabeth Williams)....(he was her grandfather)...I'm trying to find out where William Williams falls in on my family tree.....at this stage I think he falls on the side of Elizabeth's husband possibly....(William Williams ...of course he had to have a name like that...there were soooo many william williams lol).....if you can shed any light it would be much appreciated :-)......if there is a link it must come from one of the daughters of William Williams Pantycelyn.....have you got the full list of the daughters and their history ??
    cheers,

Michael Di Pietro

Default Copy of genealogy

Can you PM me a copy of the genealogy from the book as well?

Quote Originally Posted by John Nicholas View Post
    Hello Davidken,

I certainly hope there are more lines - see my November posting. I'm sure I've read somewhere about 7 surviving children out of 8 (or similar numbers). Unfortunately, only William and John are regularly named. The book on Williams by Glyn Tegai Hughes gives the briefest biographical details and is really a book of literary and religious analysis. There is a two-volume biography in Welsh by Gomer M Roberts, which I think might have a family tree, at least in volume one. You might be able to see or borrow that through your local library, as you live in Anglesey - it's not a volume which is readily available in Buckinghamshire!

Do post details if you have any luck!

John

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default William williams pentcylen

Quote Originally Posted by davidken28 View Post
    John,
    Thank you for your detailed reply, and I will most certainly post you, privately, with the result of my researches
    I am a descendant and would like to learn as much as I can, I have traced and found supportive documents from where my family immigrated from wales to indiana, us

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123