greann

Default Looking for marriage for Herbert Standing

Hi I am searaching for a marriage for Herbert Stranding born 1887 West Torring, Sussex and a Margaret???? The marriage would have been around 1917-1919. together they had 4 children.
    Eileen, Margaret, Ernest, and John. Any help would be greatfully appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Ann

birdlip

Hi Ann,

how about Jun 1922?
    Herbert H Standing, Roberts, E Grinstead 2b 371

regards birdlip

birdlip

Second thoughts..

I found Eileen B Standing born E Preston Mar 1920, mothers maiden name is given as Sarney. (E. Preston includes W Tarring area.) Then I found Margaret P Standing also Sarney, E Preston, Mar 1926. OK, I thought, so the Standing/ Roberts marriage at E Grinstead is a red herring, and we should be looking for a Standing/ Sarney marriage?

BUT then I found John RG Standing, b Mar 1922 E Preston, and his mothers maiden name is Meetens!

greann

Hi birdlip,
    Wow.......thank you so much for your efforts. I think you found it!!!!!!! Eileen's middle name was Blanche (Eileen B.). She was born around 1919. John Standing was the youngest of the 4 children, so he would have been born after 1922. Now all I have to do is find the marriage. Do you mind if I ask how you found these births???
    Thanks again, and hugs to you,
    Ann

birdlip

Great, I'm glad it seems to be the right one. I just found it on freebmd, I can't find the marriage though.
    regards birdlip

greann

Thanks again birdlip for all your help and time. I realy appreciate it.
    Ann