lottietottie07

Smile looking for my great uncle and auntie

hi,

I need help looking for my Great uncle CARROLL LEE and my Great auntie Norah Lee nee Mountian.

My great uncle Carroll was born in America what part I do not know, dont even know when he was born or who his parents are?! All I know is that he was in the army he was a GI. He married my Great aunite Norah Mountain unknown when the marriage took place but do belive they met when he came over to england as Norah was born in Grimsby England in 1926. I do know they have two daughters called Linda and Mary. They moved to America but known when this happened. I have been told that they are still alive.

If anyone could help I will be very greatfull

Charlotte

Just did a quick search, no wildcards, and found the following results

22 who match the name in the US 1920 Census
    Could probably eliminate 10 because they would have been too old to fight in WWII

11 who match on the 1930 US Census
    Maybe only 4 or 5 that would be about the right age.

Might be worth seeing if you can find a Marriage entry for them, it should have both fathers listed.

yessey

Smile

Hi Charlotte,

Here is what I've found.......

Nora and Mary Lee arrived in New York May 1, 1946 on the Edmund B. Alexander. They are on a list of aliens with accompanying US citizen children applying for admission to the US. Not sure if Carroll was with them since he wouldn't be on this list.

Carroll E. Lee married Nora Mountain March qtr 1945 Grimsby

Mary A. Lee born June qtr 1945 Grimsby, mother's maiden name Mountain

You probably already have the following info, but just in case....

Robert A. Mountain married Charlotte S. Rayner March qtr 1916 Erpingham Norfolk

Norah A. Mountain born March qtr 1926 Grimsby, mother's maiden name Rayner

Edith Mountain born December qtr 1919 Grimsby, mother's maiden name Rayner

Hope this helps.

lottietottie07

Smile thx

Mike_E

I only know my great auntie's parents as she is my grandmother's sister. All i know about Carroll is his name and dat he he came from america.

thanks anyway!

Charlotte

bwarnerok

The Social Security Index lists a Carroll E. Lee who died in Ocala Florida and a Norah M. Lee who died in Volusia, Florida.

While it's doubtful that Carroll Lee originated in Florida.. it would not be uncommon for him to have ended up there in his retirement years.

You might want to search more closely in Florida and see if something doesn't turn up (like an old obituary) that would prove or disprove these two.

betsy

bwarnerok

Carroll Edward Lee
    Service Info.: SSGT US ARMY AIR FORCES (ATC) WORLD WAR II
    Birth Date: 7 May 1913
    Death Date: 24 Sep 1992
    Service Start Date: 6 Feb 1942
    Interment Date: 20 Oct 1992
    Cemetery: Florida National Cemetery
    Cemetery Address: 6502 SW. 102nd Ave. Bushnell, FL 33513
    Buried At: Section 104 Site 1583

If this is him.. this would also apply:
    Name: Carroll E Lee
    Birth Year: 1913
    Race: White, citizen (White)
    Nativity State or Country: Maryland
    State: Alaska

Enlistment Date: 6 Feb 1942
    Enlistment State: Maryland
    Enlistment City: Baltimore
    Branch: Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA
    Branch Code: Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA
    Grade: Private
    Grade Code: Private
    Term of Enlistment: Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law
    Component: Army of the United States - includes the following: Voluntary enlistments effective December 8, 1941 and thereafter; One year enlistments of National Guardsman whose State enlistment expires while in the Federal Service; Officers appointed in the Army of
    Source: Civil Life

Education: 2 years of high school
    Marital Status: Single, without dependents
    Height: 65
    Weight: 164

This Carroll Edward Lee was from Baltimore, Maryland, son of John and Bettie Lee.

Betsy

yessey

I saw those ones too Betsy. The birth info for Norah M. Lee in Florida doesn't fit though. She was born September 1911. The one Charlotte needs was born in early 1926.
    The Carroll E. Lee in Florida could work. He might have been a little older than Norah.
    There was also a Carroll E. Lee who died in Tennessee 2007. I found an obit for him online and doesn't seem to be the right one.

Lesley

jentennyson

Default Found your Great Uncle and Auntie!!!

Your Great Uncle Carroll Edward Lee died in Florida in 1992. His wife is alive and well and living in Ocala, Florida. You couldn't find her becuase she changed her name when she moved here back in the 40s. They had two daughters, who are both alive and well and living in Maryland. One has 3 children and 3 grandchildren and one has one child. I am the daughter of one of them. I found your site though a lady on Facebook when I purchased two of her books on Grimsby England. - Jennifer Tennyson
    Last edited by Jan1954; 29-05-2012 at 2:17 PM. Reason: Details of living people removed. Please read the terms of Service

Jan1954

Hello Jennifer - welcome to the forum.

I have edited your post as details of living (or potentially living) people are not allowed on the forum.

Meanwhile, although still a member, lottietottie07 has not visited the forum for a number of years. However, if you click on her user name, a drop-down box appears. One of the options is to send her an email.