JaneEliza

Default Ralph ARNOLD in 1901 Census

Hello :-))

My Grandfather, Ralph Josling ARNOLD, appears in the 1901 Census index as being a 14 year old student in Cambridge. I can find no reference to any other family after the 1881 Census, which was 5 years before he was born. I am wondering if there is any way of finding out any more details about him around this time, such as where he was studying and what. My next knowledge of him was his marriage in 1918 to my Grandmother (Elizabeth Ann Hoskins HASELHURST) in Australia.

Many thanks to anyone who can help me find more info.

Regards,
    Jane Eliza
    (nee ARNOLD)

ziksby

You don't say if you found his birth .... on FreeBMD he's shown as born in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk. Dec 1886 ref 4b 20. There are only 2 or 3 Arnold families in Yarmouth on the 1881 census, so his parents may be among those. Ancestry has a listing of Cambridge students up to 1900 but nothing after.
    Last edited by Guest; 21-08-2007 at 11:03 PM.

JaneEliza

Thanks for replying :-)

I have his birth certificate, and have found reference to his parents & uncle/aunt in the 1881 Census - it's the Cambridge to Australia part I'm interested in at the moment that I'm having trouble finding, or any reference in the 1891 Census. Thanks for the Ancestry tip - I'd tried finding some mention of Cambridge students there before, without success, but I'll go searching again. I'm probably not looking in the right place.

Thanks again,
    Jane