Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lynda Marie

Default Walter is found

Thank you Ian, your information has proved invaluable in my search. The blank spaces are filling in.

Thank you again
    Lynda

Lynda Marie

Default The illusive Walter

Walter Huggett has been lost and found and now I am trying to fill in the blanks. He came to Canada as a Home Child in June of 1891. He came again as a Home Child in May of 1899. I have sent for and received the documents from Barnardo's and there is a note dated Sept. 1, 1898 stating that Walter wants to come back to Canada. The last reference, before the Sept. 1, 1898 note, to Walter in the Barnardo files is dated Nov. 29, 1895 stating that he is doing well in his placement.

I would like to find out when he went back to England to get his mother and remaining sisters. I have checked the UK incoming passenger lists to no avail unless I have missed it. I have tried alternate spellings and just using Walter and a date plus or minus with no results.

There is no record of him on the 1911 Canadian census that I can find, but I do know that Walter died in 1913 in Weston, York County, Ontario.

Any suggestions gratefully received.
    Lynda

Lynda Marie

Default Don't give up the search

Quote Originally Posted by Lynda Marie View Post
    Walter Huggett has been lost and found and now I am trying to fill in the blanks. He came to Canada as a Home Child in June of 1891. He came again as a Home Child in May of 1899. I have sent for and received the documents from Barnardo's and there is a note dated Sept. 1, 1898 stating that Walter wants to come back to Canada. The last reference, before the Sept. 1, 1898 note, to Walter in the Barnardo files is dated Nov. 29, 1895 stating that he is doing well in his placement.

I would like to find out when he went back to England to get his mother and remaining sisters. I have checked the UK incoming passenger lists to no avail unless I have missed it. I have tried alternate spellings and just using Walter and a date plus or minus with no results.

There is no record of him on the 1911 Canadian census that I can find, but I do know that Walter died in 1913 in Weston, York County, Ontario.
    It has taken me a long time and a lot of hours but I did find Walter on the 1911 Canadian census. I searched by birth year and location. I expected to find him in York County because that is where he died in 1913 but he was not there, he was in Stratford, Perth County.

I still have not found him on a ship going back to England in 1895 - 1899 but I will find him eventually.

Thank you to all who have helped me with this search, I sincerely appreciate it.

Lynda

Woody52

Hi there...This Walter Huggett is brother to Alice Huggett, born about 1882 in Tunbridge Wells England...She married a Frederick Cook in December 1901, They had 4 children, Robert William - 1902, Marjorie & Millicent (twins June 1905 - Oct 1905), and Ronald Walter - Sept 1906 - Sept 1908. Fred and Alice separated at some pointn because in the 1911 census, Fred is home with his parents, William & Hannah and Fred is listed as single...while Alice is listed as married in York with her mother, Martha. Frederick Cook was a brother to my Grandfather James Cook.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12