dgarside

Default Looking for information on Robert Linford, 1862

My mother was Winifred Linford, daughter of William Robert Yolding Linford who was born in Wood Green,Middlesex in 1886.
    I found him in the census and his father Robert who was married to Elizabeth Saunders, unfortunately Robert and Elizabeth both died at an early age.

Elizabeth Saunders is traceable back a couple of generations, but Robert Linford gets really strange, he first shows up in the 1881 census, when he is 19 and being raised by his Uncle James Linford in HuntingdonShire, Huntindgon.

From the 1881 census we see that Robert was born in 1862 at Hornsey Rise Middlesex England, the next time we see him is in 1891 and he is now married to Elizabeth and living in Tottenham, Middlesex England.

There is no mention of him prior to 1881, or at least there is none that I can find.
    I have checked James's brothers and sisters, none of which are named Robert, oh I forgot, on Robert's marriage certificate he listed his father as Robert Linford.

James parents were Mace (Mark) Linford and Jane Bullimore, they had many children but none named Robert. So I am at a dead end.

There appears to be a long line of Linfords in the Huntingdon area.

I would appreciate any information or direction.

Thank You
    Dale Garside

davidcarca